Anybody try the george bellas cd-rom instructionals?

• Thread starter XxXPete
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XxXPete

Reaction score
I grew up in chicago with him, and thinks hes an amazing player and sweep-picker.Ive seen the previews on his page.just wondering if anybody ever purchased them, and reviews.-thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick1

Reaction score
He showed me a little of them. But most I think do the crash course or do weekly lessons.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
I did purchase one off E-bay. That was the 4 string sweep lessons.

You get a booklet and a CD-ROM. The booklet has the notes and exercises and the CD-ROM has him playing them. There is little instruction, but again it more like: Here's lick 1, here it is faster, here is lick #2, here it is faster.

Does it help ? I dont know. I never learnt to sweep properly. Mom never gave me a good broom ....

Like every other instructional material there, you really have to sit with it and play it. And for that matter, this instructional series doesnt help other than provide you 4 string sweep patterns (along with 3 and 2 which are thrown in) on all adjacent strings. Its really a booklet of exercises. Its not: Here is how you should practice these and this is a Cmaj7 arp over this progression to give the progression a Cadd11 feel.

Dont get me wrong: its a great booklet of execises in varying odd meters (not all are 4/4). But its not meant for someone who is just starting out sweeping. Its meant for someone well familiar with this technique and wants to further his abilities.

Why did i buy it, then ? For $15 on Ebay something from Bellas whose sweep is probably the cleanest and most musical I've heard so far ? Yeah thats worth it !

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
If you could, save up and get the crash course XD

I have bought a few, they are cool, but not the best. George Bellas is awesome though.