Anybody wanna record a solo over a song I'm struggling to complete?

IT'z Roberto

Apparent Neural DSP Advocate
Reaction score
Just looking for inspiration and help with a track that I'm stumped on, I can't seem to figure out what to put in the clean/bass spot.

I kinda imagine a Plini/intervals/Sithu style shred... But I also kinda suck at guitar πŸ˜…πŸ˜©

Here is the track (unfinished) for a general idea.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to try something, I just can't figure out what to do next πŸ˜…

This should be the download for just the track:

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
Just looking for inspiration and help with a track that I'm stumped on, I can't seem to figure out what to put in the clean/bass spot.

I kinda imagine a Plini/intervals/Sithu style shred... But I also kinda suck at guitar πŸ˜…πŸ˜©

Here is the track (unfinished) for a general idea.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to try something, I just can't figure out what to do next πŸ˜…

This should be the download for just the track:

nice. seems like you know your stuff. you'll get it. i'd say go modal and avoid cage stuff

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
OOoooooo I definitely want to jam on this and see what I come up with! I should have time this week πŸ‘

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score
nice. seems like you know your stuff. you'll get it. i'd say go modal and avoid cage stuff
To be honest, I'm learning as I go, Im not really sure what the approach to modal is, or even how caged works πŸ˜… I don't know my keys, what chords I'm playing, I just know here they are on the fretboard and how they sound πŸ˜…

I've dabbled in trying to learn what these things are, but it's like rocket science to me. 😩

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score
OOoooooo I definitely want to jam on this and see what I come up with! I should have time this week πŸ‘
I'm open to anything ideas man, I may not use the whole thing, but I could definitely use some inspiration and ideas. Either way, feel free to jam across the whole thing if you like πŸ™ŒπŸ˜Š I'm down for whatever and I've heard your awesome licks πŸ™ŒπŸ˜Š by all means, go for it πŸ™ŒπŸ˜Š

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score
Hey guys, if I need to extend or loop anything, let me know which part, and if you have the ability to do so in order to put in lengthier licks, by all means do whatever you like. I can always mix the drums, bass, rhythm guitars, etc to fit along with your jam better later on πŸ™ŒπŸ˜Š

If you feel the need for a specific key change (although I don't know my keys) you can record a snipet of backing and I'll do my best to learn it and implement it πŸ™ŒπŸ˜Š

Let me know if there is anything I can do πŸ™ŒπŸ˜Š

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm learning as I go, Im not really sure what the approach to modal is, or even how caged works πŸ˜… I don't know my keys, what chords I'm playing, I just know here they are on the fretboard and how they sound πŸ˜…

I've dabbled in trying to learn what these things are, but it's like rocket science to me. 😩
in the end, the ear is king. still, knowledge helps. your track sounds very promising and will most likely be amazing when your done. cheers

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score
in the end, the ear is king. still, knowledge helps. your track sounds very promising and will most likely be amazing when your done. cheers
Truly thank you for the kind words πŸ™ŒπŸ˜Š it is a genre change for me. I've been playing basic heavy metal, nu metal, and breakdowns for a long time. However, Melody, tone, and production are fairly new concepts to me πŸ˜…

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you all know, I can lengthen the bars if needed for jamming/soloing over!

If it feels to short to write licks over, let me know πŸ™ŒπŸ˜Š

I'll go ahead and loop the bars in a few variations and have them up (hopefully here in a little bit) thank you all!

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Ok, after delays and saying I was going to try on the demo thread, I finally gave your song a shot.

Crappy insta clip

Being a 4, 5, 6, 5 chord progression, your song implies a melody in the F# minor so I couldn't help but play to that. So I wrote something quickly in the style based on the kind of music you like. Funny since that chord progression is common in Asian music and my friends calls this as kawai shredding. :lol: But your song does beg for that kind of topline melody.

I guess from that point on, what you can do can either use the same motif to go back to a louder dynamic and play a more anthemic topline (like longer sustaining notes and adding octaves and harmonies etc), or you can go somewhere new, like a variation of the chord progression, a different progression, a key change or something else entirely. There's plenty of options to go from there.

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score
Ok, after delays and saying I was going to try on the demo thread, I finally gave your song a shot.

Crappy insta clip

Being a 4, 5, 6, 5 chord progression, your song implies a melody in the F# minor so I couldn't help but play to that. So I wrote something quickly in the style based on the kind of music you like. Funny since that chord progression is common in Asian music and my friends calls this as kawai shredding. :lol: But your song does beg for that kind of topline melody.

I guess from that point on, what you can do can either use the same motif to go back to a louder dynamic and play a more anthemic topline (like longer sustaining notes and adding octaves and harmonies etc), or you can go somewhere new, like a variation of the chord progression, a different progression, a key change or something else entirely. There's plenty of options to go from there.
Wow.... Just .. wow 😳 that was epic πŸ˜©πŸ™Œ truly epic πŸ™ŒπŸ˜©

If you'd like to send me the stems I'll mix them in and attempt to move forward with what you were saying πŸ™ŒπŸ˜Š

Edit: I can't stop watching that, I truly dig it, perfect fit in my opinion 😩

Last edited:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Wow.... Just .. wow 😳 that was epic πŸ˜©πŸ™Œ truly epic πŸ™ŒπŸ˜©

If you'd like to send me the stems I'll mix them in and attempt to move forward with what you were saying πŸ™ŒπŸ˜Š
Thanks! But to be honest, I only recorded that as an insta clip for example purposes. :lol:

But all good, I've got it documented now, so I can just redo it as a stem. Just give me some time. Or if you manage to learn it yourself, you can do that too.

Last edited: