Anyone actively Invest?

• Thread starter eelblack2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
We don’t have to talk specifics, but I’m curious how many folks supplement cash flow with investments?

I’m trying to teach my adult children to work on it daily. In the modern age, clicking buttons on a phone can do some amazing things. I’m active in options and blockchain, daily.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've been interested in bitcoin and the like but haven't devoted enough time to research it.

mechanyx

Some Kind of Munster
Reaction score
I know a lot about investing but I don't really invest. I make all my money trading. I quit my day job a few years ago. My last job was not in finance but several of my previous jobs were.

jaxadam

Reaction score
I have a buddy that is killing it on crypto. He's got all kinds of shit going on and he tries to explain it to me and I'm totally lost. I have been toying with the idea of taking 10 or 20 grand and just fucking off with it in the crypto space.

I don't pay attention to anything and just write checks for whatever my accountant says!

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
In college about 7ish years ago I was broke but interested in stock, and was wondering whether I should get on some AMD stock; at the time it was like ~$13 a share. I wish I had .-. ...as of today it's going for $117 a share. Though I guess I didn't have enough money to make it a truly worthwhile investment, anyway.

sleewell

Reaction score
I max out my 401k and also have a roth ira. steady contributions every pay period. both are doing quite well. employer has a nice match on the 401k which helps too.

I'm far too dumb for picking individual stocks or day trading.

crypto kinda seems like a scam to me. like the top whales really control it all and dictate how the price moves.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a buddy that is killing it on crypto. He's got all kinds of shit going on and he tries to explain it to me and I'm totally lost. I have been toying with the idea of taking 10 or 20 grand and just fucking off with it in the crypto space.

I don't pay attention to anything and just write checks for whatever my accountant says!
It’s totally worth getting yourself a simple account, like CB Pro, and just watch shit on a Sunday night at 3AM-7AM. That’s prime time, you’ll learn lots visually

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
I max out my 401k and also have a roth ira. steady contributions every pay period. both are doing quite well. employer has a nice match on the 401k which helps too.

I'm far too dumb for picking individual stocks or day trading.

crypto kinda seems like a scam to me. like the top whales really control it all and dictate how the price moves.
You are right about that. The whales are a pain, but if you watch them close enough, you can Aikido their asses

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
In college about 7ish years ago I was broke but interested in stock, and was wondering whether I should get on some AMD stock; at the time it was like ~$13 a share. I wish I had .-. ...as of today it's going for $117 a share. Though I guess I didn't have enough money to make it a truly worthwhile investment, anyway.
AMD paid for so many guitars, lol. Spot on

tedtan

Reaction score
I’m currently looking to semi retire through some commercial real estate investments (in addition to other investments I’ve made over the past couple of decades).

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
Had an amazing three week turn on one ticker. 219 became 790, as of Tuesday (exercised). Gains tax will eat me, but it’s worth it.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m currently looking to semi retire through some commercial real estate investments (in addition to other investments I’ve made over the past couple of decades).
Real Estate is absolutely killing it. Makes S&P500 look like the kiddie table

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
Focus on those 250k-700k homes, and the 1M+ with large property, that shit sells for greater than asking, and the listing never lasts more than 2 days. We are in a supply shortage right now.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Focus on those 250k-700k homes, and the 1M+ with large property, that shit sells for greater than asking, and the listing never lasts more than 2 days. We are in a supply shortage right now.

Around here it's something like I've never seen, it doesn't make sense.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It’s totally worth getting yourself a simple account, like CB Pro, and just watch shit on a Sunday night at 3AM-7AM. That’s prime time, you’ll learn lots visually
I just got into coinbase and after some reading I think I'm glad I didn't transfer anything to their wallet. If I'm understanding it correctly, it sounds like the fees are astronomical to get anything out of their wallet. Now I'm unsure what to do other than try to learn lol

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely don’t use their wallet. CB Pro is a good learning tool because it’s simple, but once you get your feet under you, you’ll want something more pro. You’ll also want something for pure L2, all the future Web3 shit that’s coming

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
Around here it's something like I've never seen, it doesn't make sense.
It’s crazy. I mapped the rate of return, real estate in coastal states vs literally anything else, and it’s not even close the comparison

jaxadam

Reaction score
It’s crazy. I mapped the rate of return, real estate in coastal states vs literally anything else, and it’s not even close the comparison

BUT BUT BUT the only thing is there is a major catching up/correction going on, and some real estate is just returning back to pre-2008 pricing.