Anyone else here own a Warmoth Guitar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
Always wanted a custom Warmoth P-bass. Love the options.
A guy who I don't really know, only met him a few times, that I have on Facebook has a Warmoth superstrat of sorts. Looks amazing and apparently plays killer.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Nice axe! I'll be watching this thread as I'm curious to hear more about the quality of them :)
I'm interested in putting together a blacked out doom Jazzmaster with their neck and body which would run about £1.1k once I install hardware in the UK and want to know if it will be worth it quality wise. How's the fretwork?

Nails In Your Coffin

Reaction score
Always wanted a custom Warmoth P-bass. Love the options.
A guy who I don't really know, only met him a few times, that I have on Facebook has a Warmoth superstrat of sorts. Looks amazing and apparently plays killer.

I will be honest, and I'm not saying this just because I own one. My Warmoth is probably the best playing guitar I've ever played in my entire life. It play flat-out, AMAZING. This guitar far surpassed all expectations I ever had of it.

This one is a couple of pages long, post your guitar as well in it!

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standard-guitars/253184-post-your-warmoth-builds.html

Hey, thanks so much! I didn't realize there was another "Warmoth" thread! I guess that's what I get for forgetting to use the "Search" function! :noplease:

Nice axe! I'll be watching this thread as I'm curious to hear more about the quality of them :)
I'm interested in putting together a blacked out doom Jazzmaster with their neck and body which would run about £1.1k once I install hardware in the UK and want to know if it will be worth it quality wise. How's the fretwork?

The quality is top-notch. The quality of a Warmoth far surpasses that of an off-the-shelf Fender (I say Fender, because they are made to Fender specs) at any price point. As for the Fender Custom Shop, I've never played one, so I can't compare a Warmoth to something of that stature.

I did have an issue with the first body I owned. There were some hairline fractures around the pickup routes, which didn't show up right away. I contacted Warmoth, sent them back the body, and they replaced it. It took two months to get another one, but they "made it right," so I can forgive them for that. The new body does not have any issues and it's over a year old.

I thought I was going to be far more excited about seeing the body of the guitar, but that was not the case. I unpackaged the neck and nearly fell on my ass. I mean, just...WOW! The neck was gorgeous! The fretwork is fantastic. I have no issues with the frets, whatsoever. The frets are shiny, laid into the neck nicely, and there are no sharp edges at all. The neck's finish is also amazing; no drips, drops, or anything else.

In all, including having it set up and assembled (I had someone else do it...), and a custom case, it probably cost me close to $2,000. This is my go-to guitar for everything. It just feels great and plays great. If you're not worried about brand names, there's no reason I can think of not as to not build one. I honestly can't say enough good things about this guitar.

rreeves

Reaction score
Hey that's a nice guitar. I've been thinking of ordering a Warmoth soloist with SS frets and having a Luthier assemble and PLEK. Soloist with reversed strat type headstock is so badass.

Nails In Your Coffin

Reaction score
Hey that's a nice guitar. I've been thinking of ordering a Warmoth soloist with SS frets and having a Luthier assemble and PLEK. Soloist with reversed strat type headstock is so badass.

Thanks! You should definitely build one, it'd be well worth it! There are plenty of options to choose from; necks, bodies, fretboards, headstocks, etc.! You wouldn't even need to have it PLEKed!

Black43

Hated Ibanezes once
Reaction score
I've got a Blueburst soloist body on order, should be here soon! I've played other warmoth guitars, and the quality seems to be spot-on with Ibanez Prestige.

DslDwg

Reaction score
My suggestion for Warmoth necks is pull them out of the box and bolt them up. Do a basic set up on the guitar and then evaluate if further work is needed or not.

Some players are very particular and are going to re-work every neck while others won't touch them at all after the basic set-up.

Let me just leave this for you here - this is #4

Nails In Your Coffin

Reaction score
I've got a Blueburst soloist body on order, should be here soon! I've played other warmoth guitars, and the quality seems to be spot-on with Ibanez Prestige.

This would be accurate. I have a "Wizard" neck on mine. It feels like a Fender and plays like an Ibanez, if that makes any sense...

Hmm I was under the impression Warmoth doesn't level their frets.

Not sure if they do, but mine didn't need any additional fretwork.

My suggestion for Warmoth necks is pull them out of the box and bolt them up. Do a basic set up on the guitar and then evaluate if further work is needed or not.

Some players are very particular and are going to re-work every neck while others won't touch them at all after the basic set-up.

Let me just leave this for you here - this is #4

Beautiful!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got two I did a few years ago, and two that I still haven't finished. The quality is top notch. Unfortunately, they're just about as expensive as a custom. You can buy a Carvin Bolt for cheaper than you can buy a Warmoth build (if you get it painted by Warmoth). Still, if they had 8 string (or decent 7 string) options, and an AANJ heel, I'd be ordering them every day.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Anyone have any guitars with the Warmoth baritone neck? Considering getting one for a baritone Strat.

Nails In Your Coffin

Reaction score
Yeah, I've got two I did a few years ago, and two that I still haven't finished. The quality is top notch. Unfortunately, they're just about as expensive as a custom. You can buy a Carvin Bolt for cheaper than you can buy a Warmoth build (if you get it painted by Warmoth). Still, if they had 8 string (or decent 7 string) options, and an AANJ heel, I'd be ordering them every day.

Mine has a contoured heel, which makes things a little easier, but it's still a bit "blocky" towards the higher frets.

You are right, they can get pretty pricey, but IMO, you get what you pay for. When you get one, you can rest assured you're going to get a quality product, so I don't mind the price. If you can do the work yourself, you can build one for about what you would spend on an American Standard Strat; not cheap, but not overly outrageous, either. I could have had mine built for far less, but I wanted to pull out a lot of stops.

IMO, Carvin doesn't offer as many options as they should. I'd really like to see them offer some nice touches like neck binding, which they do not. That's kind of a sore issue for me, because aesthetically, I think binding really does a lot to give a guitar an upscale appearance. If I'm spending a lot of money, I want an upscale looking instrument. While some of these nice touches aren't really "makes" or "breaks" for me, I just think they should be offered.

Anyone have any guitars with the Warmoth baritone neck? Considering getting one for a baritone Strat.

Nope, can't say I know anyone who has one. Check unofficialwarmoth.com, I'm sure you'll find plenty of people over there who could give you some info on them. :yesway: