Anyone here try both version of the BK warpig in a 7

• Thread starter kmanick
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
broke out the 752AHM at rehearsal last night , and although the Holydivers sounded good (better than the PAF's it came with) , these guitars are deathly bright (my 2nd one of these, sold the first one I had for the same reason)
The neck HD sounds great so that could stay but I'm thinking either a Duncan Invader or one of the BK Warpigs for the bridge
has anyone tried both the Alnico and Ceramic BK Warpig? and if yes tell me which was actually warmer and fuller sounding?
thanks
Nick

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
would actually also be interested as well... cause there might be a new 7 incoming.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
As you have BKPs in the guitar already, if you were to contact BKP explaining what you do / don't like about the Holy Divers and the specs of your guitar, they'd be able to give you a well thought out recommendation.

I haven't used either version of the Warpig, but logic would dictate that the Alnico version is warmer and this seems to be the general consensus of "the internet".

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
If you liked the Holydiver but need something warmer, I would recommend the Silo instead. Maybe just the bridge, since the neck pickup is brightest BKP neck humbucker and might be too much in your guitar.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
broke out the 752AHM at rehearsal last night , and although the Holydivers sounded good (better than the PAF's it came with) , these guitars are deathly bright (my 2nd one of these, sold the first one I had for the same reason)
The neck HD sounds great so that could stay but I'm thinking either a Duncan Invader or one of the BK Warpigs for the bridge
has anyone tried both the Alnico and Ceramic BK Warpig? and if yes tell me which was actually warmer and fuller sounding?
thanks
Nick
The alnico version is fatter and warmer . The ceramic is a bit brighter in the high end and a bit leaner in the low end.