Anyone here with experience with the DV Mark Evo 1 amp head?

pfizer

Reaction score
Hello all, wondering if any of you all has owned, currently owns or has had any experience with the DV Mark Evo 1 solid state modeling amp.

I've posted here previously about getting a lunchbox amp head and while I was deciding between the usual suspects like Peavey and Orange, I found out about DV Mark amps while watching my Frank Gambale Youtube playlist.

From what I've heard, the Evo 1 model is their midrange model, which comes with 12 different amp presets. I saw Joss from GAK review the thing and while it sounds quite nice from the video, I'd still rather get some anecdotes from people who have actually used it. Specifically, if it can replicate the dynamics of a tube amp, how it takes pedals, what 2x12 cab goes best with it and finally how versatile it is.

I generally think that amp modeling has come a long way these days, with Fractal, Kemper and Eleven becoming the choice of more than a few professional musicians. Problem is, of course, the price of some of these, but what appeals to me about the DV Mark Evo 1 is it's relatively more affordable price and ease of use.

As a closing note, I'm choosing between this, the Peavey 6505 Mini-head, the Orange OR15 and the Boss Katana Amp Head (which I had previously owned but sold to pay for school but am now kind of regretting selling).

Would very much appreciate any and all help/advice/anecdotes. Thank you all and be safe.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

exo

Reaction score
I've never even heard of it before. Might be why you're not getting much of a response....

Latest posts