Anyone tried a vader 8 multiscale?

• Thread starter KnightBrolaire
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Anyone own/tried a vader 8 multiscale? Very curious how they play,feel ,etc. There's not many reviews of them floating around here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ferret

Reaction score
I'm not sure any have been delivered yet, still a month or two off.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
Yeah, when they took orders wasn't it something like a 20 week wait or something? That's five months, so I doubt many will pop into existence, unless they have an in-stock in progress or something. I'd imagine they play well though considering it is just a multiscale version of it's former self, which is a great playing guitar. Same bridge (design-wise) and everything, just slanted frets.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
I have one on order right now and they said it should be done by august. I only ordered it earlier this month.

insaneshawnlane

Reaction score
I also have one on order and was recently told that the original 20 week build time was brought down to 15 weeks. If that time frame sticks I should have mine mid July and a NGD thread should pop up shortly after :yesway:

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
I got a completion date of June 9 and ordered mid-April, but between international shipping and customs clearance it'll probably be late June.

DankMemes

Reaction score
I ordered mine on April 11th and was quoted a build time of 15 weeks. Which puts that at about the end of July.

Severance

The Cockhammer
Reaction score
I ordered mine the first business day after they put orders up by phone. I've talked to Chris about 3 times regarding my build and he has told me anywhere between 10 and 15 weeks is the current build time on one. They only quoted 20 to be safe on the bridge hardware.

Jeff posted these up the other day. https://www.instagram.com/p/BFOzUlGBBGG/?taken-by=jeffkiesel&hl=en

I think that may be mine far right with the ash body. So hopefully I'm not waiting too much longer. This wait is getting excruciating.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
So what specs did you guys get? Here's what I ordered:
Maple Neck/Ebony fretboard/abalone inlays (offset)
Black Limba wings/aquaburst flamed maple top
med-jumbo frets
everything else is standard

ShredFever

Reaction score
So what specs did you guys get? Here's what I ordered:
Maple Neck/Ebony fretboard/abalone inlays (offset)
Black Limba wings/aquaburst flamed maple top
med-jumbo frets
everything else is standard

- One piece solid flame maple neck tung oil finish
- Ebony no streak fretboard w/ abalone offset dots
- Gold Evo medium jumbo frets
- chambered mahogany body
- Hand selected flame maple top - it's from the the same blank Jeff used for his Arctic K series from NAMM. I really liked the chevron flame pattern from his guitar and had asked him to hold on to a piece of it for me
- custom transparent green color that they're supposed to match as closely as possible to some PRS Eriza Verde samples I sent them. Basically asked for it to be as "nuclear/radioactive" green as possible
- black knobs with abalone inlays

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Quality and feel should be the same as what they put out now, don't expect it to be much different.

I have two VM8's on order

Arctic Pink Package (3pc Body, Antique Ash Body, 5A Flame Top, Finished Faux Binding)
Gloss
Ebony Fretboard w/MOP Staggered Dots
Black Hardware
White Pickups
Black Knob w/MOP Inlay
SS Frets
Regular Neck Profile
Non-Chambered
Walnut/Maple 5pc Neck (Tung Oil)

Bookmatched Flamed Koa Top
Gloss
Swamp Ash Body
Thinner Neck Profile
Royal Ebony Board
No Inlays
EVO Gold Frets

Ordered them right at the end of March, pretty much the monday after the announcement so they should be done relatively soon.

getowned7474

Neck_Pro
Reaction score
I ordered my VM8 in early April so I'm expecting it to arrive in early July.

Maple Neck/Alder Body
Satin Matte Finish
Seafoam Green
5-Piece All-Maple Neck
Thinner Neck Profile
Tung Oil Finish Back of Neck
Maple Fingerboard
No Inlays
Stainless Med-jumbo Frets
White Pickups

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
Mine's not in that pic :(

Black Limba body
Maple/Black Limba neck
Royal Ebony fretboard
Satin Vintageburst finish
Natural satin back and neck
No inlays
Black pickups

EDIT: Stupid me. I forgot that any given date in the US starts with the month :wallbash: My completion date is actually on September 6, not on June 9, which makes it 20 weeks :(

Last edited:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Mine's not in that pic :(

Black Limba body
Maple/Black Limba neck
Royal Ebony fretboard
Satin Vintageburst finish
Natural satin back and neck
No inlays
Black pickups

EDIT: Stupid me. I forgot that any given date in the US starts with the month :wallbash: My completion date is actually on September 6, not on June 9, which makes it 20 weeks :(

You have to love our backward ways! I always write the date as 24 May 2016 to avoid confusion. Seeing 5/24/16 is also clear for most people, but 9/6/16 is ambiguous. I would actually prefer dates to be written largest to smallest left to right, like any other number, i.e. 2016 May 24 10:46, but, that's another topic altogether...

I don't have the scratch to order one of these, but I am actually really excited to see how these turn out.

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
Judging by their quoted completion times (about 4 months when I got a quote from them for an AM7), and the date these were made available for order, I would expect to start seeing NGD's in July sometime?

//OFF TOPIC
American date format is crazy!
That said, I like the "big number first" method outlined by bostjan above, makes using the date as filename MUCH neater. And lists them in chronological order. Quite helpful :p

insaneshawnlane

Reaction score