Anyone try the Source Audio LA Lady Overdrive?

• Thread starter Shask
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone has tried the Source Audio LA Lady Overdrive. Source Audio makes some pretty cool stuff, but I never hear much about their Overdrive pedals. People tend to like all kinds of weird overdrive pedals on here, but I find it strange I never hear anything about this one.

It can load any algorithm from the LA Lady Overdrive, Kingmaker Fuzz, or Aftershock Bass OD. I think there are like 40 different algorithms, plus 4 band Parametric EQs. Seems like it would be popular for people who love different OD pedals and EQ options.

Anyone tried this as a typical boost as we all use around here?

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have an answer, but I just wanted to say that there is a guy on Chicago craigslist who has been trying to sell his Source Audio Multiwave Distortion pedal for like upwards of 5 years. Like, just think about how many times this guy has clicked "renew" on his listing :lol:

Shask

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have an answer, but I just wanted to say that there is a guy on Chicago craigslist who has been trying to sell his Source Audio Multiwave Distortion pedal for like upwards of 5 years. Like, just think about how many times this guy has clicked "renew" on his listing :lol:
It seems like their older stuff was not as popular because they were super ugly, but the current "One Series" stuff has been pretty popular, especially the delays and reverbs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Beheroth

Reaction score
Dont know about this one but the aftershock is hella popular on talkbass
also you can run two "distortion engine" in parallel + built in noise gate and boost + reassign the knobs using the software ...

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
So I went and found that Craiglist ad I was talking about and started taking a closer look at this thing

01414_eBNgvkbimS0_1200x900.jpg

And now I actually kinda want it. Two separate banks, can do clean boost, has a built in EQ... this could replace like 3 pedals. But I wanna hear it first. Maybe I'll help this guy finally make the sale :lol:

Shask

Reaction score
Dont know about this one but the aftershock is hella popular on talkbass
also you can run two "distortion engine" in parallel + built in noise gate and boost + reassign the knobs using the software ...
Yeah, it has something like 40 different engines to select from, you can run different engines in stereo, it has parametric EQ, and noise gates. I am kind of surprised it is not more popular around here.

devastone

Reaction score
Probably because digital isn't as accepted for od/distortion as it is for delay, reverb, and modulation.

Backsnack

Many strings
Reaction score
Probably because digital isn't as accepted for od/distortion as it is for delay, reverb, and modulation.
Exactly, overdrive has to have mojo. In other words, it has to meet the tone snobbery considerations of guitarists who believe they can hear a difference between analog and digital.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly, overdrive has to have mojo. In other words, it has to meet the tone snobbery considerations of guitarists who believe they can hear a difference between analog and digital.

Here we go again... :deadhrse:

devastone

Reaction score

FTR, I was making a statement, not passing judgement. I will say that some modelers are better than others but in the end it's all ice cream, YMMV, etc...