Arch Enemy Replacing Angela Gossow w/ Alissa White-Gluz (The Agonist)

• Thread starter DC23
  • Start date
  • Tags
    arch enemy
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
I'm checking out Dark Tranquility "Moment". I'm at the solo section of the first song. I've listened to it several times now & I don't really hear anything that monumental. It's good, but not great. What tunes should I be listening to? I haven't really kept up with Christopher Amott.

Really any of his solos off the early Arch Enemy material is really good. Black Earth, Wages of Sin, etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
I'm checking out Dark Tranquility "Moment". I'm at the solo section of the first song. I've listened to it several times now & I don't really hear anything that monumental. It's good, but not great. What tunes should I be listening to? I haven't really kept up with Christopher Amott.
I really liked his solos on the khaos legions album. My first (death metal album) and personal favorite of mine.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The only thing holding Jeff Loomis hostage is that pesky trem block affecting his tone!

If only there was some sort of product that could give him more sustain/attack without losing the feel of a traditional metal block; maybe one made of some sort of, I don't know, stone perhaps?
*5 new burner accounts have entered the SSO chat*

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Where's @DirtyPuma when you need them?
Pointed out some flaws in your post. When you make a joke, I expect your post to be flawless, but there wasn't even a predictable pattern to it. so, obviously @DirtyPuma is out buying more Rusti guitars right now, probably paying 5% over asking price for them out of generosity, then turning around and reselling them. :lol:

DirtyPuma

Reaction score
Pointed out some flaws in your post. When you make a joke, I expect your post to be flawless, but there wasn't even a predictable pattern to it. so, obviously @DirtyPuma is out buying more Rusti guitars right now, probably paying 5% over asking price for them out of generosity, then turning around and reselling them. :lol:
The guitar will be a thing to behold. Not many people can pull off a full puma on a guitar top. I want some flames as well.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
AE used to be one of my favourite bands. To me the cause of its descend to infinite boredom was the departure of Chris Amott. Alyssa has little to do with it since she's just a hired gun like Jeff.

I used to love Alyssa on The Agonist, but I can't really stand her on Arch Enemy anymore. Her constant "look at me!" moves and OTT dresses are just cringey and cheesy compared to the sheer onstage presence Angela had (no bullshit needed).

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Her constant "look at me!" moves and OTT dresses are just cringey and cheesy compared to the sheer onstage presence Angela had (no bullshit needed).
Completely agreed, even about the Chris bit. Angela had a commanding stage presence and while she dressed obnoxious too, it wasn't to the level that Alyssa is, and her vocals were goddamned powerful