Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The 1

Reaction score
Where are you guys seeing the prices for the R series? I don't see it on their online order form.
Also do all models come in R series or is it just the 060R?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Avedas

Reaction score
Are all Fluence baked into the base price or just the Moderns? Do you pay extra for Classic or Tosin or whatever

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Are all Fluence baked into the base price or just the Moderns? Do you pay extra for Classic or Tosin or whatever

I believe it's modern OR classic that are included. Not sure about Tosin or others

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Is that true, 2100 EUR for 060R with fishmans?? damn.. I really might need another lol

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Been having a fun weekend :D had a third join the family courtesy of a good friend of mine. All these colors are absolutely ridiculous.

33326311928_dfa5e844ab_k.jpg

47149921992_e5d9c2e9ac_k.jpg

46478239634_8393b60e1a_k.jpg

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Top one's going to take the prize for me.

Restarted

Reaction score
Sometimes I think my second Aristides is going to be an R. Then I see pictures like this and realize there's no way I'm skipping on the finish.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah I feel that way too, but my next idea was a Galactic Sparkle after seeing the one they had at NAMM in person again this year. Now that I ended up with one via trade, I've ticked most of my boxes for finishes I've wanted. So an R is definitely something I'm keen on, especially if they ever expand on the colors they can do.

Purple or just straight pitch black would be fire on an 080.

Restarted

Reaction score
Yeah I feel that way too, but my next idea was a Galactic Sparkle after seeing the one they had at NAMM in person again this year. Now that I ended up with one via trade, I've ticked most of my boxes for finishes I've wanted. So an R is definitely something I'm keen on, especially if they ever expand on the colors they can do.

I'd love a light blue R if they ever make one, but I think a sparkle or a marble chameleon is next for me. I don't think I'll ever order a third Aristides, so picking the finish is going to be THE toughest decision of my life.

lewis

Reaction score
If I won the lottery, I would sell every guitar/project I have and just buy about 4-5 Aristides as my main guitars and call it a day.

easily my favourite guitars now

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score

If they did straight black Rs, I probably would have ordered one this weekend. I'm a long-time detractor of the brand purely because I think the scoops look stupid as hell, but after having climate-related issues with two guitars on Saturday (including a fancy-pants Suhr), I was just about ready to live with the scoops, haha.

The one way I can live with them, I've found, is a matte/satin black 080S, because the angle, proportions, and scoops combined with the flat black give it a reasonably acceptable Lockheed-Martin Skunkworks vibe that I can dig on. However, I can't really dig on it for $3.6k and a potential 7 month wait, so that's a no.

I heard about the R series being cheaper and faster, but the anthracite isn't dark enough to really pull off the same aesthetic. So yeah, if black R was an option, I'd probably be on the build waiting list as I type this, haha.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
If they did straight black Rs, I probably would have ordered one this weekend. I'm a long-time detractor of the brand purely because I think the scoops look stupid as hell, but after having climate-related issues with two guitars on Saturday (including a fancy-pants Suhr), I was just about ready to live with the scoops, haha.

The one way I can live with them, I've found, is a matte/satin black 080S, because the angle, proportions, and scoops combined with the flat black give it a reasonably acceptable Lockheed-Martin Skunkworks vibe that I can dig on. However, I can't really dig on it for $3.6k and a potential 7 month wait, so that's a no.

I heard about the R series being cheaper and faster, but the anthracite isn't dark enough to really pull off the same aesthetic. So yeah, if black R was an option, I'd probably be on the build waiting list as I type this, haha.

I'll definitely let you know if I hear anything back, and yeah I imagine it'd be somewhere in the 2600 EUR range for something like an 080S in the Raw series. Wait time is like around the 3 month mark too, so not too nuts.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score

Don't mean to be disrespectful with this comment - but when do you think you'll have "enough" Aristides/guitars in general?? I feel bad getting my 2nd Aristides, much more than when I was spending $400 on ibanez's and stockpiling, or even like $1500ish on Kiesels.. Aristides is so much more lol I have a 070 and my 060 is coming, but other than possibly selling/trading my 070 for another or R series, I dont see myself getting another really.. I always am curious how people like Jackel think in terms of owning so many "similar" guitars. I understand like, SSS then HH, 6 string vs 7, maybe 1 or 2 different finishes, but thats definitely where I dont think I could go past that for one type of guitar.