Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I mean once you tune an 8th string down to E its pretty much up to you whether its an extended range guitar with extra low notes or an extended range bass with extra high notes. The way I tune my 9 string, its both, lol. Low A (5-string bass B dropped a step) through E standard.

All I hear is 10-finger tapping and “look at all this room for activities!”

...Obviously from someone more skilled than me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
it might be same pitch as a bass but it sounds way different. Just get a real bass and compare in person, not even close imho.
I'm aware. It's called joking around and its lots of fun.

A very SSO quote, if there ever was one.
Hey, can't go around spending a ton of money on stuff that's not exactly what I want.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
I'd really want one of those headless bois but that extra .5" does something weird to the midrange on 8s that drives me nuts. I'm 90% sure it's just a quirk of my ears because I've never found anybody else who hears it, but it's a dealbreaker for me.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I'd really want one of those headless bois but that extra .5" does something weird to the midrange on 8s that drives me nuts. I'm 90% sure it's just a quirk of my ears because I've never found anybody else who hears it, but it's a dealbreaker for me.

nope. Felt the same way with my 080S. That is why I ultimately did not bond with it

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
extra 0.5 compared to what?

brandonwall

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
^ nice demo, but the guitar tone was a bit low/quiet, as if it needed a gain boost, was that how it was recorded or blame the M6s?

I'm thinking along the same lines as Tom that it's mostly related to how Mark dialed in those tones. The M Series pickups are definitely high output and have a lot of snarl/growl to them but they can clean up nicely when you roll the volume off. I always take tone demos with a grain of salt given that everyone has different ears, I'm not hearing it through my gear, it's not always in the context of a mix, etc.