Aristides Guitars

• Thread starter jco5055
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aristides
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Headless trem more better, bigger stable, less string stretchy over (non-locking) nut. It's gooder.

Unless you don't prefer it because it kinda feels different, in which case that's fair. As far as the two models of bridge I don't have proper insight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Fine with headless as long as it does flutterage. Need some baller that's had aristides and kiesel to tap in and lmk hantug vs hipshot ms
Headless trem more better, bigger stable, less string stretchy over (non-locking) nut. It's gooder.

Unless you don't prefer it because it kinda feels different, in which case that's fair. As far as the two models of bridge I don't have proper insight.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Fine with headless as long as it does flutterage. Need some baller that's had aristides and kiesel to tap in and lmk hantug vs hipshot ms
Yeah, I know it's probably completely unfounded, but I worry the hipshot ms will come off the studs because of the angle. I've been super tempted to get a Kiesel 8 with hipshot ms, but I kinda want to know if it flutters, etc. too. It seems like it would lift the bass strings crazy high off the FB, and barely detune the high strings, too. Which is even more pronounced on an 8. (And one of the reasons I don't like Kahler 8s).

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Anyone here have a suggestion for hardshell or moulded case that fits an 070 standard?

No, never needed one, but the soft case that comes with it is in a different league, u'll have to throw it from the 2nd floor to cause damage imho. Unless u need the hardshell for shipping/checking on a flight, I wouldn't worry about it.

Re MS flutter, I do have the H/07 & H/08, the 7 flutters better than the 8, both less than a 6-string Floyd, but they're all fine imho. I do set them up w less tension, e.g. drop A or Bb std on the 7, drop E on the 8, usually use 9's (54, 80 for the lowest string respectively). No experience w the hipshot MS trem, the std Contour is awesome on the 070 though.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No, never needed one, but the soft case that comes with it is in a different league, u'll have to throw it from the 2nd floor to cause damage imho. Unless u need the hardshell for shipping/checking on a flight, I wouldn't worry about it.

Re MS flutter, I do have the H/07 & H/08, the 7 flutters better than the 8, both less than a 6-string Floyd, but they're all fine imho. I do set them up w less tension, e.g. drop A or Bb std on the 7, drop E on the 8, usually use 9's (54, 80 for the lowest string respectively). No experience w the hipshot MS trem, the std Contour is awesome on the 070 though.
How do you have the springs in the back of the H/08 setup?

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
How do you have the springs in the back of the H/08 setup?

2 springs on the low strings side, one on the high E. IIRC, originally came set up w/ 4 springs, took 1 out. Also, experimented w/ using other springs but was not successful, the Aristides springs are quite a bit longer than typical FR springs, at least in my experience.