Australia JPXI BFR Price....

classicalmetal24

Reaction score
Response in regards to purchasing a JPXI:

I have some follow up info for you. The JPIX is still available to order – 5 months build time RRP $5895.00

They have in Australia a BFR in Bahama Blue that is still retailing at the old price of $6295 – they have gone to $7095.00 It has a flame top and piezo and all the usual bells and whistles.

I have been looking to purchase this guitar for a long time, I knew it was expensive...but this..:ugh:

*sigh* maybe it is time I start looking at a different guitar..

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Isn't everything imported more expensive there? And I don't believe retailers will ship to Australia, it'd be cheaper to buy a flight, purchase one here, and bring it with you back.

Lemons

Reaction score
Ask several American retailers, just make sure you actually take the time to email them. I've had several confirm they could ship to Australia even though the official word is that its not possible. You can also look into forwarding services to bypass shipping restrictions.

The other option is contact DW music in canberra, they just became a dealer and they'll definitely work with you on the price as much as they possibly can.

mongey

Reaction score
if you are going to try for an overseas buy make sure you factor in import duties.

I have a friend who bought a really nice martin acoustic from USA . it got stuck up in customs for ages , like 6 weeks , and when she finally got it after duties she only saved about $500 over getting it here

by the time she got it she would've happily paid the extra to get the guitar here to not deal with customs and also the guitar had a ding in the top from transport

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
What if you have a friend in the US fly it over to you whenever they plan on a future vacation?

classicalmetal24

Reaction score
Word back from the retailer is that the guitar in question was bought this morning, but it's okay, because they said they have a JP15 they would like to sell me for 7 grand. lol.

Vrollin

Reaction score
If you get on Facebook, look up a page high-end guitars Australia buy swap sell. Likely to find a reasonable price on there, all sorts of axes pop up on there....

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
That sucks man.. I won't tell you what I paid for a used JPXI in pretty much mint condition here in the states

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
lol you could fly to the states and pick up any old version of this for less than that total price. Jeeez.

I sympathise. I'm from New Zealand. Our Gibson range is pretty sub par as Australia gets first pick before the leftovers get sent over to NZ, lol.

Vrollin

Reaction score
There are two on that page I recommended to you, one 7 string, one 6. One 3300 one 3700, I reckon you could bargain them down a little bit too...

Vrollin

Reaction score
Did you find one in the end? There are loads up for sale at the moment...