Avatar: The Legend of Korra (Nickelodeon's Avatar Sequel series)

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
VIDEO NOT FOUND :(:(

As far as the new series is concerned, FUCK YEAH!!!!!! :hbang::hbang::hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
^ +1

I have been insanely anxious for this. I love the original series.

soliloquy

Reaction score
VIDEO NOT FOUND :(:(

As far as the new series is concerned, FUCK YEAH!!!!!! :hbang::hbang::hbang:

its a slow website. so keep at the front page for a minute and the video will pop up on the top?

but i haven't followed the entire avatar series from start to finish, so i'm not sure what happens to angh (or ank?) but the video shows his statue, and that the fire, and green, water and earth people have advanced significantly. i think the fire people have evolved towards STEAM-PUNK (jumps in joy!!!!). the new character seems to be of a water tribe people, but i'm not sure.

i just hope they keep the same music as the original as i LOVED the original music! SO GOOD!

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
i just hope they keep the same music as the original as i LOVED the original music! SO GOOD!

The guys who did the original music were hired back on to do this series as well. :yesway: Which is badass news because their work is amazing.

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
I'm quite excited to see this. The thing at the bottom said that this is set 70 years after the adventures with Ang (sp). (I'm guessing that means Ang died around the age of 68/168 depending on how you see it.)

I quite curious to see how the airbenders are getting on now, or indeed if there are any.

soliloquy

Reaction score
Good to know that I'm not the only grown-ass man who loves Avatar. :yesway:

i love cartoons and damn proud of it too!
though, sometimes when i watch kid shows, i wonder if i really was that dumb when i was that young. shows like sponge bob just dont make sense to me...

but Avatar was/is absolutely brilliant. the show maybe targeted towards children, but the show touches upon SO many different adult oriented themes such as economics, politics, religion, war and so on, that i doubt kids actually would be fully capable of comprehending the entire show fully.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I quite curious to see how the airbenders are getting on now, or indeed if there are any.

Don't quote me on this, but I think I read somewhere that the new protagonist has to seek out Ang's kid to learn airbending.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
though, sometimes when i watch kid shows, i wonder if i really was that dumb when i was that young. shows like sponge bob just dont make sense to me...

but Avatar was/is absolutely brilliant. the show maybe targeted towards children, but the show touches upon SO many different adult oriented themes such as economics, politics, religion, war and so on, that i doubt kids actually would be fully capable of comprehending the entire show fully.

This is me...

It's actually the reason I read/watch Naruto. Take out the cheesy filler arcs in the anime and you have a show about a child slowly beginning to understand the world and its all the evil, pent up hate and anger and what the nature of self sacrifice is.

It's got some really cool allegorical threads running through it including dealing with some pretty controversial topics like post WWII Japanese Imperialist revival and things like that. Interesting stuff :)

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Ah, another Narutard! :wub:

I wonder how Pain and Itachi are going to be worked in this next chapter! :hbang::hbang::hbang:

I'm just disappointed that Naruto hasn't used Sage mode at all...

I'm wondering if he'll develop an ultimate mode which combines all 4 chakra :bowdown:

Brutal :)

soliloquy

Reaction score
This is me...

It's actually the reason I read/watch Naruto. Take out the cheesy filler arcs in the anime and you have a show about a child slowly beginning to understand the world and its all the evil, pent up hate and anger and what the nature of self sacrifice is.

It's got some really cool allegorical threads running through it including dealing with some pretty controversial topics like post WWII Japanese Imperialist revival and things like that. Interesting stuff :)

thats me with inyuyasha though. :)

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Don't quote me on this, but I think I read somewhere that the new protagonist has to seek out Ang's kid to learn airbending.

You are correct, sir. She has already learned the other elements. They didn't want to waste time in this series showing her training with the elements that viewers had already seen in the previous series. So since Aang already knew airbending and you didn't see that, Korra will be training with his son.

Murmel

Reaction score
though, sometimes when i watch kid shows, i wonder if i really was that dumb when i was that young. shows like sponge bob just dont make sense to me..
Sponge Bob not making sense is exactly what makes is so brilliant :lol: