Avatar: The Legend of Korra (Nickelodeon's Avatar Sequel series)

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
HOLY .... THAT FINALE

KORRA AND ASAMI ARE ABOUT AS CANON AS IT CAN GET FOR A "KID'S SHOW" AND JUST EVERYTHING ABOUT THE WHOLE THING WAS PERFECT

Apologies for the capslock but it was amazing. I was legitimately shaking at times it was that intense.

But I'm also cold so I mean there's that

soliloquy

Reaction score
the finale was really well done with crazy intensity and all over awesomeness. i'm just a little sad that its actually over. :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
The
engagement was the best part i think "It's exactly how I always imagined it would be!" had me rolling

also, the end scene had me thinking of this:

now-kith.jpg

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Nah sofos. I don't buy it.

I really thought there was going to be a kiss at the end and I'm glad there wasn't, I feel like it would detract from the story.

The ending was great, seeing as the theme was balance it was great to see korra win with empathy rather than just brute force.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
^
The creator of the show has been sharing articles on FB/Twitter about the finale. Every one he's shared has stated or heavily speculated that Korrasami is a thing, and he has not denied it one bit

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
I think about 90% of the symbolism fans find, they find because they want it to be there, so they connect whatever dots they can to come to the conclusion they want.

I saw a wonderful ending to a great story, and two friends going on another adventure together.

I think the creator's sharing the things to show that he's okay with the fan base interpreting the ending however they want, not necessarily that he's doing it to show they were right.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I think about 90% of the symbolism fans find, they find because they want it to be there, so they connect whatever dots they can to come to the conclusion they want.

I saw a wonderful ending to a great story, and two friends going on another adventure together.

I think the creator's sharing the things to show that he's okay with the fan base interpreting the ending however they want, not necessarily that he's doing it to show they were right.

I'm with you d00d!

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
While that's great to see in a kid's show, I kind of lose a little bit of respect because he keeps using stupid shipper names for relationships. It's so god damn stupid; but, he's active on Tumblr, so I'm not really that surprised.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I know it's just fan art but this makes me feel all kinds of fuzzy. I mean, think about it. Asami would make Korra a betrothal necklace and everything. Awwww

tumblr_nh6r09WbLl1rb5e48o1_r1_500.png

Also, I saw this on tumblr and almost pissed myself

zyc4k7.jpg

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
EDIT: Disregard.

Here, have a picture of Ty Lee to make up for it.

tylee.jpg

flint757

Reaction score
I'm on season 4 now. The budget cuts are incredibly noticeable, in particular with animation. Lots of stills as background images to meet I assume deadlines and financial costs.

Season 3 was freaking awesome though. I quite enjoyed the journey.