Avengers endgame

• Thread starter vejichan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Tonewood.

Also already saw it. It’s good. I peed 4 times. It’s that long.

Demiurge

Reaction score
^Once the seal is broken, it can be that bad. More and more theaters are selling beer.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Sitting in the theater now, probably going again tomorrow.

10 years in the making, and I skipped school to see Iron Man 1, and now I'm skipping work to close it all out.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Loved it. Is it perfect? No. But I give zero fucks because it was still an absolutely awesome ride.

Thicc Thor. Instant Kill Mode. Hammer Cap. Hulk half-heartedly smash-kinda. Captain Headbutt. Hail Hydra.

I. AM. IRON MAN.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Loved it. Is it perfect? No. But I give zero fucks because it was still an absolutely awesome ride.

Same boat, but that's hardly a surprise on how much I ramble on about these movies.

As a standalone film, it certainly doesn't work. But at this stage in the cultural zeitgeist, what's the point in judging these crossover party event movies that require years of continuity investment as standalones? This was earned. Admittedly I initially made that mistake with the first Avengers film, but since learned from that.

Last edited:

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I enjoyed it, it was fun to see them clean up the timeline a bit and tie things up. Pretty much expected certain characters to get killed off and I was right. Overall I'd say it was way better than infinity war.
The really blatant "all the female marvel characters in one shot"/gurlll power angle kind of bugged me since it seemed so out of place within the context of the battle. Ah yes they all just happened to converge on the same location at the same time :lame:
Xaios nailed the highlights imo. THICC THOR, Hammer Cap, half-smash hulk, baby ant man, hail hydra. I'd throw in dual wielding thor, and glorious nippon steel wielding Hawkeye/Ronin. I especially liked the way they got rid of thanos at the end, that was a nice bit of congruence with what happened in infinity war.

wankerness

Reaction score
I thought infinity war was more focused and more consistent and Thanos was back to being a paper Marvel villain here. A big part of the problem for me was Hawkeye and his stupid mohawk SUCKED, and it was like they were trying to make up for not having him last movie, so we get things like this entire 100% pointless scene where he's fighting yakuza (or something) in Tokyo. And then
they trade Black Widow for him! WORST DEAL EVER!

The scene with
all the women joining together in slow motion to protect Peter
provoked some loud groans from my audience. It was really ham-handed. Especially since they didn't give one single line to some of those characters in the whole movie!!

The scene where Captain America
calls Mewmew to him
made the whole audience loudly gasp and/or titter with excitement. And this audience was REALLY QUIET. Great moment!!

I liked how involved Ant-Man was with the plot for a change. I liked the Back to the Future II style of it
revisiting scenes from the other movies from other angles.
Thor 2 features prominently!

The Big Lebowski thing (for lack of a better description) that runs through the whole movie was one of the best aspects of it. Both really funny and quite apt dramatically.

The very last scene was EXACTLY what I wanted. I didn't think it would happen, at all, since I didn't really know what the plot hinged on. Before it, I was thinking
"eh, the only way it can happen is if he dies and we see it in the afterlife, and that would be unbelievably stupid"
but nope. That relationship in that movie was so strong that it's the only one I had any investment in in the entire MCU, so it's good they seem to have thought the same thing.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
I enjoyed it, it was fun to see them clean up the timeline a bit and tie things up. Pretty much expected certain characters to get killed off and I was right. Overall I'd say it was way better than infinity war.
The really blatant "all the female marvel characters in one shot"/gurlll power angle kind of bugged me since it seemed so out of place within the context of the battle. Ah yes they all just happened to converge on the same location at the same time :lame:
Xaios nailed the highlights imo. THICC THOR, Hammer Cap, half-smash hulk, baby ant man, hail hydra. I'd throw in dual wielding thor, and glorious nippon steel wielding Hawkeye/Ronin. I especially liked the way they got rid of thanos at the end, that was a nice bit of congruence with what happened in infinity war.

Just so we're clear, a bunch of females happening to converge at the same time/place seems Strange to you given the last ten years? Also, it lasted 10 seconds in an otherwise sausage fest so I mean... it's not like it's THAT big of a deal. Not to mention everything happening in the movie was designed as having had to have happened at integral timing, not to mention the fact that Strange himself picked this ONE probability out of 14,000,605, so when you have a group of women appearing together at the exact same time, that's not exactly grandiose.

Last edited:

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Just so we're clear, a bunch of females happening to converge at the same time/place seems Strange to you given the last ten years? Also, it lasted 10 seconds in an otherwise sausage fest so I mean... it's not like it's THAT big of a deal.
No it was strange, specifically because it was so contrived. It was nearly every female character in the MCU onscreen at once (even useless ones like Mantis) and fighting directly alongside each other. The cynic in me fully believes someone told them to add that scene just so they could sell gurrrl power posters/more merch aimed at young girls/dorks.
Also the sausage fest comment isn't fair considering we got to see Capt Marvel/Valkyrie/Pepper/Nebula/Black Widow earlier on and the rest of them were dead til like the last 30 minutes.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
Okay and again, these scenes didn't last very long. Most of it served to kill off some of the fodder. I don't even know why it matters anyways, it's just females killing a few bad guys. I don't know why that bothers people, not to mention, these aren't ordinary females anyways, they're fucking superheroes. :lol: But yes, for the most part, these movies have been absolute sausage fests. A few seconds of all girl power is the outlier here (with the exception of Captain Marvel which is 1 movie out of over 20 something) and doesn't change that fact.

vejichan

Reaction score
I cant believe how they are portraying the hulk in all these movies. Nothing like the comic

littlebadboy

Reaction score
Family will be watching it this afternoon! I didn't read the spoilers above, but... is there a end credit or outro to wait for?