Axe-FX II Test Clip 2 (contains Big silly riffs)

• Thread starter C2Aye
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
Hey all! Sorry for another post in short succession I'm really wanting to nail my mix with the Axe-FX II so here's another test clip. I'm also using the Axe-FX II for bass since I set up a patch I think sounds quite good.

I'm also using my new Mayones Regius 7M in this clip. Dialled back on the low end depth on the guitar tone since that was muddying up the palm mutes in my previous clip.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/c2aye/axe-fx-ii-test-clip-2[/SC]

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ludo95

Reaction score
That Regius looks amazing! cool tone as well dude, I'll give you a follow on SC.. cannot wait to hear new tunes! ;)

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Just wanted to say I love all of your work man, you're a big inspiration to me from a compositional perspective and as a bedroom producer. Congrats on your new Axe Fx and Mayones! :hbang:

Tybalt

Reaction score
I dig this stuff. Good tones and atmospheric ..... What drum plug-in are you using?

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
Just wanted to say I love all of your work man, you're a big inspiration to me from a compositional perspective and as a bedroom producer. Congrats on your new Axe Fx and Mayones! :hbang:

Thanks man, glad to be of inspiration! :D

I dig this stuff. Good tones and atmospheric ..... What drum plug-in are you using?

Thanks dude, I'm using Superior Drummer for the drums.

Also, here's a version 3 using a saturation plugin in the master. Think I'm pretty close with where I want this mix to be!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39302626/Axe-FX II Test Clip 2 ver 3.mp3

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Honestly, I think you're only lacking in the percussive section of the mix. Guitar and bass guitar section is pretty damn crisp.

Shammas

Reaction score
Really solid, and that kick drum sounds massive. Monster lead towards the end as always! My only critique is that the kick sounds to be clipping a tad due to the loudness. I've found that adding a gentle high shelf on either the kick itself or the master mix helps disguise that.

knet370

Reaction score
sounds cool man. now make a video playthrough of this. \m/

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score