Axefx3: cygnus x 3 (fw25.0) beta

• Thread starter budda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

Gonna do ye ole backup and hopefully give this a whirl before next weekend. Will try to do an a/b too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Monster With .

Death row, water buffalo
Reaction score
"Nearly all amp models have been “remastered” as a result of new measurement techniques and analytical methods."

:hbang:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

New “Cygnus X-3” amp modeling:
  • Improved preamp algorithms.
  • Improved power amp algorithms.
  • Improved output transformer loss modeling.
  • Improved preamp supply voltage modeling.
  • Nearly all amp models have been “remastered” as a result of new measurement techniques and analytical methods.
Updated Power Tube Grid Bias (or Cathode Resistance, as applicable) default value for most amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

Updated Supply Sag default values for many amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

Updated Cathode Follower default values for many amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

Fixed wrong Miller capacitance value in Deluxe Verb Vibrato, Double Verb Vibrato, Super Verb Vibrato and all Vibrato Verb models.

Fixed wrong FX loop recovery gain in Suhr Badger models.

Added “Sunrise Splendor” Drive model. Existing model renamed “Sunrise Splendor Hi-Cut” to denote that the Hi-Cut switch is engaged.

only did a soft reset in the amp block for fw25b

clean amp level is -21.4 in both clips. I put it back to -12 after recording and that put the volume back to where you'd expect.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Which version is version .24, and which is .25?
24 first in both. If you update to 25b and dont do a soft reset, most of the changes wont be applied.

torchlord

Reaction score
24 first in both. If you update to 25b and dont do a soft reset, most of the changes wont be applied.
That is what I thought, oh don't have the current Axe Fx, I have an Ultra still but haven't bought any of the current ones, just curious to see how the new ones sound every now and then.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
That is what I thought, oh don't have the current Axe Fx, I have an Ultra still but haven't bought any of the current ones, just curious to see how the new ones sound every now and then.
An ultra was my introduction to fractal through a friends purchase (he also had a 2ch triple). We got them dialled in and were shocked.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Fractal Audio is posting on TeeGeePee now? I thought he was perma-banned?

Seems Cygnus X-3 might come to FM3 in beta this week.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

No clue, i dont use that forum lol.

torchlord

Reaction score
An ultra was my introduction to fractal through a friends purchase (he also had a 2ch triple). We got them dialled in and were shocked.
Yeah, I recall seeing your name around back then when I was trying to figure out the Ultra, and I've heard some pretty good YouTube videos on it in more recent times. I've messed with it a few times over the years, but I've yet wanted to put money into a good solid-state amp. I'd likely run it into a real cab still when and if that time comes again.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I recall seeing your name around back then when I was trying to figure out the Ultra, and I've heard some pretty good YouTube videos on it in more recent times. I've messed with it a few times over the years, but I've yet wanted to put money into a good solid-state amp. I'd likely run it into a real cab still when and if that time comes again.
I bought my supercrush based on some research and my main preset being a rockerverb. Solid amps, affordable - worth checking out if you dig what Orange does :2c:

RevDrucifer

Reaction score

It wasn’t a perma-ban, just a temp ban and he decided not to return for a long time. IIRR, he’s made 5 posts since then and every single thread has been deleted, including that most recent one you probably saw.

To say there’s NOT a concentrated effort to diminish/run off Fractal at TGP would be avoiding reality, IMO.

Fortunately, we love Cliff at TGF and he can post all the graphs and year’s of knowledge there until he’s blue in the face.