AZ Cardinals, fuck the record, kill the coach

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

I'm a Happy Camper.
Reaction score
Vince, I'm sorry......but your team just plain sucks. Always have.....always will. That game could have turned your season around.... But look on the bright side, if it wasn't for the Raiders, you would be looking at the number one pick.
Any chance you can get a refund on your season tickets?
Sad....Sad....

I feel bad for you, and know how you feel, I was a Pats fan in the early eighties and early nineties.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

I'm a Happy Camper.
Reaction score
I do think Lienhart will be a great QB for you, and Bodin and Fitz are incredible receivers, so hope is not all lost....and your defense is decent. But that offensive line, is just offensive. And the coach.....sheesh.... E. James just wasn't going anywhere in the 4th, and he should have started using Lienhart and a short passing game. Don't know why he didn't...

Did you go to the game?

PS. I don't really think the AZ cards suck....but I'm a bit sour since I lost some $$$ on the game... :)

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, color me surprised! I went to bed at the end of the 3rd quarter, Cards 23, da Bears 3.

What the fuck?! :lol: The Cards managed to LOSE? BWAH HA HA HA! I think Vin said it.. unfucking believable. That is a total shit-shocker, bros.

Needless to say, I find it amusing. And my dad, who's been ill recently, is a huge Bears fan. This will do him good to see his beloved, typically-shitty-but-now-awesome team do so well.

What's wierd, is when I got up, in a bit of disgust, from the game (since I was rooting for da Bears), I thought,. "C'mon, defense. You gotta pull it out for the Bears!" And sure as shit, that's exactly what happened. The defense scored 2 touchdowns, it seems, and special teams scored 1. Holy sheep shit! :lol:

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
Pos spin tyme: This is a growing step for the Cards, as it will build a lot of character. They now see that they can play with anybody in this league and win. In the near future, when they get some of these wrinkles ironed out, they will be good. They are already better than their record shows. :agreed:

Oh, BTW... Denny Green sux! :noway:

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, Steve, I got so fed up with this team after the Rams game, I sold my tickets for the rest of the year. I made one hell of a profit though.

The only reason I sold my tickets is because I have an HDTV at home, and for the first time ever, all the Cards games are televised.

This game was unbelieveable. Our defense played lights out, as did Leinart & the WRs. How we forced 6 turnovers, held the bears offense scoreless, scored 23 points & still managed to lose is simply amazing.

That conservative bumblefuck offensive philosophy in the 2nd half is what did it. Fucking pass the ball, get some first downs!

Steve, this is the worst loss I've ever seen as a cardinal fan. We had a 5-0 team shitcanned and with their tail between their legs, then we just gave up & let them back into the game.

We have hope for the future, but the coaching decisions in the 2nd half, along with Green's horrible O-line he's built here, are a fucking cruel joke the team is playing on it's players & fans.

Steve

I'm a Happy Camper.
Reaction score
The coaching staff made the WRONG half-time ajustments last night. AZ had Chicago by the nutsack and they let them off the hook. Denny Green should be ashamed. I bet if the new coach of the NO Saints was coaching AZ, they would be 5-1.... At least you have hope, but I'd be gunning to get rid of the HC and the Off. Coordinator.

rummy

maybe this year
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I feel bad for that kid Leinhart. They were handing us a serious ass whooping, and a reality check!

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
The Cards fired their offensive coordinator this morning, & promoted their QB coach to offensive coordinator.

Right on :yesway:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Wow.. Least the Cards took the right step, and fired their OC..

Falcons still have the worst coaching staff in history.. With a D that is fucking unbeatable on paper, with like 7 probowlers... How are we 3-2?? Fucking need to fire all coaches and get new ones..

Can you believe in 2004, Blank almost hired LUVIE SMITH over Jim Mora??? Just imagine the Falcons with Luvie Smith!

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
NickCormier said:
Wow.. Least the Cards took the right step, and fired their OC..

Falcons still have the worst coaching staff in history.. With a D that is fucking unbeatable on paper, with like 7 probowlers... How are we 3-2?? Fucking need to fire all coaches and get new ones..

Can you believe in 2004, Blank almost hired LUVIE SMITH over Jim Mora??? Just imagine the Falcons with Luvie Smith!

You're 3-2 because your QB's a great running back. Seriously. The best rush offense + the WORST pass offense (Oakland doesn't count) = 3-2. With Vick, the Falcons would be exactly the same team under Smith as they are under Mora. At least this year they're using his talents better than last year...

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
If you watched any of the games, you would know thats very untrue.. Vick is an amazing passer, he just has crap for receivers, and the plays called are always junk..

Did you see that 50 yard bomb in the first quarter against the Giants? If the receiver (jenkins) wasnt a dumbass, the ball was PERFECT.. better than a Tom Brady throw.. and jenkins dropped it on the 5 yard line, very makable catch.. Vick has this happen every game, maybe its because his throws are harder than Brett Farves, or because his receivers are just incompetent.. I dunno, but I believe with better receivers/schemes, Vick would be the best QB in the league, with top 5 passing rating, and obviously top running..

Watch a whole falcons game, not just what the "analysts" say.. and you will see how dead on Vicks passes are almost 90% of the time, but no one can catch them because our receivers suck.. Ashlie is going to be great, but the coachs aren't putting him in the game anymore since Roddy white is not injured anymore =[

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
NickCormier said:
Watch a whole falcons game, not just what the "analysts" say.. and you will see how dead on Vicks passes are almost 90% of the time, but no one can catch them because our receivers suck.. Ashlie is going to be great, but the coachs aren't putting him in the game anymore since Roddy white is not injured anymore =[

Vick also has the same problem Elway & Favre had too. He throws the ball too damn hard & with little touch. Favre is notorious for dislocating the fingers of his WRs. I understand it, you see a man open, and you want to rocket the ball to him, but the best QBs put touch on the ball, even when throwing hard.

Vick fires rocketballs. He's gotta put some touch on the bullet passes. Oh, and has Lelie caught anything other than a cold there this season? I'm not trying to poke fun, I honestly hear he's terrible.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
NickCormier said:

Eh, OK, but not in the Falcon games (or VT games) I've watched. Touch - not throwing the ball too hard for the receivers to catch - is part of being an NFL QB. Vick throws a pretty nice deep ball, and is fairly accurate at it, but he's a horrible intermediate and short range passer. He's a rare talent as a runner, and he's got a cannon for an arm, but a cannon does not an NFL star make - ask Patrick Ramsey (who's got a Jeff George-quality gun on him) how that's worked out. If used/coached correctly - Reeves did a pretty good job his last year - Vick can be very effective. He's got a ton of work to do with the non-bomb stuff to make defenses fear his passing, though.

Lelie drops too many balls, which is why Denver got rid of him. He's got a lot of potential to be Peerless Price, Mk. II - or he could be good if he gets his head around it. Sadly, Finneran's hurt, since he's really the best receiver they have.

That said, Atlanta has the quite possibly the best rushing offense in the NFL, so if they can get decent production in the passing game, they'll do well, but they won't be an elite team until they stop believing Vick's press.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Vick may not have "touch", but you cant say his passing is not ACCURATE.. because it is, just his receivers cant catch craP!

And FYI, Lelie had the highest YPC last year in the whole NFL, and has some crazy YPC this year too..

Lelie wanted out of Denver for one reason last year, and sure they SAY its because he dropped alot, but he hardly did, he just dropped a ball in the playoff game, one that coulda put them up and won the game, But they shouldnt blame the loss on Lelie.. Anyways, Shanahan basically said that one pass that Lelie didnt catch, was the reason Denver lost.. So Lelie demanded a trade.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Man what are the Cardinals doing =[[ Matt is so good, yet they still cant win a game, even vs oakland.. And to think, They are within minutes of beating the bears, then lose to oakland in 6 days.. What a bad week =[[

I think the Falcons definately proved all my points in this thread though.. Anyone who watched the game, You see how accurate Vick is, and with the protection not sucking today, he had 4 TDs.. Lelie had a great day, catching almost everything thrown at him except one, while Roddy White sucked again.

Its SOOO funny, or sad, however you wanna look at it.. Matt Lehr, Gaurd for the falcons, was suspended for substance abuse... SOOOO, we had our backup in there, and we get good protection, Against the SB champs..

Soo.. We figure out not only is Matt Lehr the problem with the O Line, which everyone always says he is, HE WAS JUICED UP AND STILL SUCKING! This guy cant even work with the fucking Carolina panther Juiced up line O_O I SOOO hope he gets cut or traded tomorrow or something, Get that jerk outta here.