NGD: Jackson Warrior Custom

• Thread starter th3drap3ryfalls
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

th3drap3ryfalls

Guitar & Tech Nerd
Reaction score
IMG_7572.jpg
IMG_7574.jpg
IMG_7575.jpg
IMG_7576.jpg
IMG_7577.jpg

Been wanting a custom shop warrior for quite some time, in particular I've been holding out over the past couple of years as I had mainly been playing 7-strings (and pretty impossible to see a 7-string USA warrior show up for sale) but lately have transitioned to 6-string for current band while my 7-string playing has been kept for my own projects/down time. For that reason a while back I had purchased the Diabolic 7-string which I absolutely love, but was in the market for a new 6-string!

Well late last year I remember seeing this red one show up on Axe Palace and was really wanting to buy it but didn't have the funds at the time to buy (not crazy on buying shit on credit either) so was hoping something else would eventually come around when I could purchase. So fast forward to last week and work bonus hit so decided it was time to treat myself, and when I browsed around I was suprised this axe was still in stock! Immediately had to get it so I reached out to Nic there and WOW, once I got it I couldn't believe how amazing it is.

First off, pictures do not do this thing justice - it is so damn sleek and velvety looking that it is incredibly hard to get an accurate picture of the exact shade of red and shimmer it gives off. Nic and his team also set this bad boy up in Drop B and man it rips - they did such a great job that it is so easy to play and feels fantastic!

On top of that, I had Nic drop in a set of the custom Seymour Duncan Nagus pick ups that he designed for Axe Palace and holy cow there is some magic in those pick ups - has just the right amount of low-end that it chuggs great but also articulate enough that you can hear individual notes ring out. It's perfect for the one bridge/one volume no fucking around layout.

Overall I'm beyond ecstatic about this guitar and highly recommend anyone considering buying a new guitar to take a look at Axe Palace or reach out to Nic - very happy with the customer service I received and quality of the axe I got that I'll cherish for a lifetime.

Feel wise, it's a warrior so the shape, for anyone who hasn't tried one, is ridiculously comfortable - you wouldn't expect it but its one of the most comfortable playing guitar shapes with great upper fret access. Neck wise: I have an indo Jackson WR7 and surprisingly found the neck to be much flatter on the WR7 vs. this WR1 - wouldn't say one was better than the other though as both are thin.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
Man, that is a thing of beauty. Been eyeing a Warrior for a minute now. That red is stellar. Happy NGD, dude.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I can’t believe someone actually bought that abomination Broderick guitar. Were you feeling sorry for Randall? Warrior is very nice. 💯

manu80

Reaction score
Well , I'd consider this Broderick as a 6. Love the design.
Of course the warrior slays, that matt blood red looks great ;)

th3drap3ryfalls

Guitar & Tech Nerd
Reaction score
I can’t believe someone actually bought that abomination Broderick guitar. Were you feeling sorry for Randall? Warrior is very nice. 💯
Lmao bought a few from Randall but actually got that one from Thunderroad.

Dude the Broderick is awesome lol, definitely get why it’s so polarizing but I’m in the camp of its badass hah

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Lmao bought a few from Randall but actually got that one from Thunderroad.

Dude the Broderick is awesome lol, definitely get why it’s so polarizing but I’m in the camp of its badass hah
Ahh - I assumed it was from Chondro since I felt like he had that same guitar in stock for years with nobody biting. Definitely unique. Enjoy!

remorse is for the dead

Reaction score
capture-png.134282

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, you can't argue with that. HNGD!