[Bass] Which cab for F#0 bass? Live situation

Vehuel

Reach the Light
Reaction score
Thank's guys!

I didn't know this quest of the F#0 note would be so complex! haha
I received my Dingwall, and despite the .170 low F# string gauge, it is hard to hear clearly the note sometimes.

For the moment I use my Axe FX 2 XL+ with some presets I find on the internet, and a PEriphery Tonematch bass preset. Result is good and full of growl, but yes, the low F# in this configuration is hard to hear for the moment. I only use passive mode on the Dingwall for the moment, as I need to buy 2 batteries to put in it! I'm glad this works withou batteries!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Thank's guys!

I didn't know this quest of the F#0 note would be so complex! haha
I received my Dingwall, and despite the .170 low F# string gauge, it is hard to hear clearly the note sometimes.

For the moment I use my Axe FX 2 XL+ with some presets I find on the internet, and a PEriphery Tonematch bass preset. Result is good and full of growl, but yes, the low F# in this configuration is hard to hear for the moment. I only use passive mode on the Dingwall for the moment, as I need to buy 2 batteries to put in it! I'm glad this works withou batteries!
F#0 is like 28Hz, so even if its a clear fundamental, you need a lot of power to get it audible. For recording purposes that low is almost useless and you're going to get more value out of the harmonics of the strings versus the actual fundamental note. In a mix you can always run a multiband comp with the bottom band set to 0-40Hz, squeeze the shit out of it, then boost that band, but even then you'll need a decent sub and some volume to know if you got it.

Vehuel

Reach the Light
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm still doing some crazy researches on the cab I could use but really hard.

I'm gonna buy this amp: Darkglass MicroTubes 900 V2.
For the cabs, I'd like to go either:

- on Orange Cabs, 4x10 or 1x15 (probably both!) as I LOVE their colors, just makes me wanna play it!
I'd prefer a 2x12 or 2x10 for carry it in reharsals, but I'll only buy their UK-made gear.
I don't know how they react in the lows, but I think their reputation are good and not only for rock, but... does it djent in lows? I know their designs are apparently vintage-focused, but I think with their robust construction and with the modern-sounding Darkglass head, it could be a nice combo?

- on Darkglass cabs, I like the fact that they have a lot of interesting configurations (2x10 or 2x12, even 1x12) but I don't know... I read a lot of bad things about it, and overall about their low reliability, concerning the speakers. Some users returned them because of speakers blowing....
I thought this brand for cabs was the solution, but I'm not a huge fan of their colors too.. (I know the sound is the main factor, but it's better when the gear is good looking IMO! :) )

Thank's for your advices! Maybe some of you own the Orange 4x10 or 1x15?

Latest posts