Batshit insane christian Blue laws

• Thread starter Tiger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger

Reaction score
Blue law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rant warning.

Man, rage day for sure. Woke up early for this big swim I had planned. Ate right, did everything to pump myself to really go for it. Realize just before leaving that I just cant find my goggles anywhere, probably lost them at the gym.

Drive to Walmart, right down the street. As I walk in I see that most everything has literally been roped off. Not again! Once again I need something badly on a Sunday morning, and have forgotten that here we're ass backward retarded enough to still have Blue laws. Thats right. Only essentials can be sold on Sunday before 1:30. Space Jesus does not want anyone to have to miss church to, you know, do their fucking job.

But thats just it, Walmart is still open, mind you, their parking lot is completely full. But you can only buy groceries (But no alcohol! Praise jesus :) )

So Im like wow, thats retarded. Harbison Blvd will have it though. Harbison is this big street lined with shopping centers and malls and Best Buy's, and its 30 minutes away. So I drive out there, takes longer than usual because of course there is CHURCH TRAFFIC, no big deal. So turns out that half of Harbison, the half with the sporting good stores and walmarts, is in Richland country. The Blue law county. Once again I get refused at walmart, and drive the fuck home. So now I am sitting around till space hebrew jesus' magic 1:30PM, when merchandise can be sold to atheists.

Uuuuugh! :mad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
All I gotta say is "wow". Indirectly, this could very well be a violation of "Freedom of Religion".

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Used to be like that back in the UK while I was growing up - it was rare to find shops open at all, and generally they closed at Lunch but having a law prohibit the sales of non-essentials doesn't make any sense at all. The shop's open, what difference if you buy a side of ham or some swimming goggles?

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
Lol, this thread makes me laugh..
It's all so stupid..

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
Damn, fuck retarded theist concpets like this.

Don't they know Wal-mart is the devil, selling us products from such heathen lands like China?

Arminius

Reaction score
most businesses don't even open on sunday where i live:noway:
god i hate mississippi:wallbash:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
For once, i feel glad that i live in Aus. Our shops are always open, though on Sudnay they tend to close earlier because (as im sure any store will tell you) sunday is simply the quietest day. Other than that though, we're fine :)

Sucks to hear places still do that shit though, i mean honestly :noway::noplease:

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
That really sucks. Round my neck o' the woods most stuff closes earlier on sunday, but no buying/selling prohibitions.

Reaction score
Places usually like to close earlier around here on Sunday's but thats just because store owners probably want some time off :lol:

Thats pretty crazy about those blue laws though.