trayenshreds

sweep tapz brah
Reaction score
WpZDxx3.jpg

White Les Paul style Tone/Volume Knobs
White Pickup Selector Switch Top

Next Up:

Black Sperzel Locking Tuners (4x4)

...anyone have any cool suggestions or Pickguard ideas?

Cheers!

-Trayen:shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I have a cool suggestion! Can you not use a filter that strips away the last 20 years of technology from your digital photo so we can see what the actual guitar looks like?

GRIZ

djentleman
Reaction score
I have a cool suggestion! Can you not use a filter that strips away the last 20 years of technology from your digital photo so we can see what the actual guitar looks like?

i just laughed out loud. my sister does that to the pictures of her kids. i don't get it.

but i agree. better picture with no filter would give a better look at what the guitar actually looks like with the new knobs

trayenshreds

sweep tapz brah
Reaction score
You should get tortoise shell buttons for the tuners to match the pickguard.

That would be awesome.. I ordered 4x4 Black Sperzel tuners on ebay. Is there a way to change the buttons on the tuners to tortoise later on down the road? Or would I need entirely new Locking Tuners? hmm..

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I'm not really familiar with Sperzels, but I'm sure the button can just pop off somehow. I did a quick google, and it looks like you just have to remove the screw that holds the button and it comes off.

stuglue

Reaction score
Hey matey, can I ask a favour? The next time you change your strings can you take a template of the pickguard, I want to make one for my RG8. thanks

jsl2h90

Reaction score
Be advised if you go sperzel you may have to do some drilling. In the interest of avoiding that I would highly recommend Schaller locking tuners. I have a 2228 and I threw on a set of the same kind that come stock on the JP7's and they have treated me so well ever since.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
I'd go with a white pick guard, but that's just me, I have a thing for white strats.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Be advised if you go sperzel you may have to do some drilling. In the interest of avoiding that I would highly recommend Schaller locking tuners. I have a 2228 and I threw on a set of the same kind that come stock on the JP7's and they have treated me so well ever since.

Schaller or Vanson... :yesway:

I'd go with a white pick guard, but that's just me, I have a thing for white strats.

That'd make it all UV7PWH-y... :yum:

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Looking at that guitar it looks pretty awesome as is :yesway:

You could always get a fret dressing done on it from a good luthier - around $100 typically if you do the set up afterwards yourself. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with it now, but whenever i get a guitar back from a good fret dressing i'm always impressed. I had my Premium Ibby done and it really made the guitar feel (and look) like a top quality instrument.

Sonic Anomaly

Sound or Music?
Reaction score
perhaps visual stimulus will be of some use (these keep adrift my ship, if you will)

Attachments

• TAM11x1.jpg
    TAM11x1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 110
  • TAM11x2.jpg
    TAM11x2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 119

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
...anyone have any cool suggestions or Pickguard ideas?
Here's what I would do: Rip out everything but the bridge pickup, move the volume pot to the position of the tone knob (which I wouldn't need), ditch the PU switch because it is now useles, put a super clean new tortoise shell pickguard on it.

(Maybe it would be cool to have the singlecoil in the neck slot.)

But that's probably not what you got a TAM10 for. :lol: