Behold the V-250 refinishing...(56k LOL)

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
ok so I haven't exactly finished yet, but here are some pics up until where I'm at right now.

When I was taking off the strings (ok the trem but whatever)

refin1.jpg

Trem out, I took off the pot washers

refin2.jpg

EMG OUT!

refin3.jpg

took off the jack thingy

refin4.jpg

popped off the back cover...and took out the batteries...

refin5.jpg

nut and tuners off

refin6.jpg

ok notice anything weird?

refin7.jpg

yeah that's right, the tuners have imprints of where they were :lol:

refin8.jpg

ok I decided to steel wool this...I started taping it up like I've seen other guys do it...

refin9.jpg

then I get to the end and instead of continuing to cut smaller and smaller strips and overlap them, I said "fuck this" and just left it then did the rest when I got to them.

refin10.jpg

mmm shiny

refin11.jpg

ok here's my refinishing shit, I used the 60 stuff to remove the paint, it's like this new kind of sandpaper and it fucking rules, seriously use that stuff, after that I used 200 on the neck, I might do some 400 later but this is the neck so it doesn't have to be mirror as I'm oiling it...

refin12.jpg

workin the neck...

refin13.jpg

front:

refin14.jpg

back:

refin15.jpg

headstock:

refin16.jpg

refin17.jpg

refin18.jpg

refin19.jpg

bolt joint, I'll probably make it look nicer later, I don't want to sand the "base" too much and make it not-flat because then the joint will suck

refin20.jpg

refin21.jpg

body being sanded (haven't finished it yet)...actually I rinsed it and it's wet there

refin22.jpg

I dried it off a bit (still waiting)

refin23.jpg

put the two together...

refin24.jpg

refin25.jpg

refin26.jpg

I don't know what I'm going to do with the front of the headstock right now, I'm going to leave the back on though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nicely done. Sanding is a bitch too. You're not going to finish the back and front of the headstock? Lookin' good so far. :hbang:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
After sanding/standing at my utility room sink for like 5 hours I decided to finish it tomorrow :lol:

I did sand the neck a bit more and put a coat of the oil on it, it actually has a bit of flame on it :yesway: I "sculpted" the heel of the body like a crazy mofo :lol: Anyway, only thing left to sand is to finish in-between the wings, I got the cutout thing already.

Murder Soul

Reaction score
Did you sand that contour in or did it come like that? Then profile on that thing is making me want one.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Did you sand that contour in or did it come like that? Then profile on that thing is making me want one.
The V series came with bevels, the inside-the-wings cutout and the tummy cut. The new ones don't have bevels anymore.

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
then I get to the end and instead of continuing to cut smaller and smaller strips and overlap them, I said "fuck this" and just left it then did the rest when I got to them.

refin10.jpg
:lol: That's my type of attitude.:yesway:

Looking good so far. Did you pick a color for it yet?

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
well I dunno, I think I might just do black, brown and green, I could do black and grey but that might too plain, you know :shrug:

Here are some new pics, 1 coat sanded on the headstock and I literally just sprayed the body (damn it took forever and gets heavy as hell)

refinday21.jpg

refinday22.jpg

refinday23.jpg

refinday24.jpg

Sebastian

Reaction score
Yeah... right.. that looks cool...

Hmm

Urbancamo at the end ?

What paint.. spray are you using ?

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It actually looks pretty cool in brown :lol: I've never seen a brown flying V before, you think black and grey would be cool? I dunno, I would like more colours.

I think I'm gonna go for brown/black/green and use the grey for the headstock logo (LSD)

Those waves look pretty cool, was that intentional or is it just the lighting?
The darker parts are where it's wetter than the lighter spots which are dry.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Lookin' awesome so far.

What's the shade of green that you're thinking about using?

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Lookin' awesome so far.

What's the shade of green that you're thinking about using?
This green:

refin12.jpg

I had the headstock done but didn't wait long enough before taping it, you know, so I had marks and then my logo thing wasn't tight enough so I'm just going to redo it tomorrow, no big deal, but I have a better base to paint on now :p (actually it was my first time doing camo patterns and it looked kinda gay too lol)

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ok guys, new pics...

even though I fucked up the body by putting the primer shit on it, it turned out to look pretty badass but I'm still gonna fix it :lol: It ended up looking like this from me wet-sanding it, now it's smoother than a piece of dark matter...I also wet-sanded the headstock to prep it for getting finished up tomorrow

the small ones are blurry/crappy, usually shitty pics look better at lower resolution, plus saving space/bandwidth

refinday25.jpg

refinday26.jpg

refinday27.jpg

refinday28.jpg

refinday29.jpg

refinday210.jpg

refinday211.jpg

refinday212.jpg

refinday213.jpg

refinday214.jpg

refinday215.jpg

refinday216.jpg

the "put together"

refinday217.jpg

What paint.. spray are you using ?
Krylon | Krylon® Camouflage Paint with Fusion Technology

This guy used it on his truck: TRS Magazine - Cheap Camo Paint

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Bitchin' , that's the exact shade of green I was picturing.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
How's your experience with sanding and refinishing been so far? I'm thinking of sanding+refinishing one of my RG's but kinda scared to fuck something up big time... any tips? I read up on project guitar a bit but the extremely precise instructions aren't very reassuring (especially with refinishing)...