Behringer's Such a Shitty Company

• Thread starter narad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Okay, putting aside the fact that they're just rereleasing other companies' designs, whether IP on those designs has properly expired or not, check this out:

https://www.musictech.net/news/is-this-how-behringer-responds-to-criticism/

Behringer-KIRN-CorkSniffer-1400x1050-1-1392x1044.jpg

The article sums it up but in short:

They made a pedal design just to mock a music journalist and synth creator, a whole video to go along with it, and then trademarked his name to potentially release a related product (whether they'd take the mockery to that level, or merely rip off his design and then mock him more by putting his name on the Behringer version, I'm not sure).

Link to a backup of the vid:
https://imgur.com/a/MSgtVwe

Attachments

• behringer.jpg
    behringer.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Avedas

Reaction score
At least the Pussy Melter fit a theme and brand image, whether you felt it was offensive or not. This... thing is just weird.

Exchanger

Reaction score
I didn't make the jewish caricatures connections but this is still despicable. Making a few jokes at one another's expense is one thing, trademarking said jokes and bullying competition is a different game.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Jesus. At some of these companies, is there at least not one normal adult who can intervene on something like this?

Also, as the article notes, Peter Kirn is the co-founder of MeeBlip who make awesome & affordable little synths of their own design. I hope that the exposure from this shit-show at least directs some business their way.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
There I was thinking this would be a follow up thread to your 2290 about how they ruined TC.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know this might be hard to grasp for you but not everything you disagree with is Nazi content.

First of all, I never called anyone a Nazi. So any of that is just projection on your part.

Regardless of intent (which is pretty dubious in context), the graphic is very reminiscent of post-WWI, German depictions of Jews. I'm not going to post that garbage here to compare. From all appearances you seem plenty informed of such.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I know this might be hard to grasp for you but not everything you disagree with is Nazi content.

I honestly doubt every single questionable aspect about this "satirical illustration" wasn't quite deliberate, not to mention the incredibly douche move it is to file a trademark (they have dropped it as a consequence of this lovely idea backfiring). It really doesn't help the video was actually chock full of antisemitic blabber, which makes the choice of font even less than likely to be a mere coincidence. Even the "KIRN" bit reminds me of some... less than savory "DER JUDE" posters, with the same exact lettering and similar "twisted evil little dude with humongous nose" graphics. It can be a coincidence, but it's so much adding up it doesn't help people think it isn't. Nazis? I don't believe so. Using anti-semitic propaganda as inspiration to better get on Kirn's balls? Most likely true.

Aewrik

Reaction score
I think this illustrates very well that people have lost the grasp on what a company is. How can an entity founded on the knowledge and common sense of many stoop so low?

Beyond lobbyist claiming that "companies are people too", the companies themselves seem to forget that just like their employees are supposed to represent the company, the company is supposed to represent their employees (or shareholders, as is mostly the unfortunate case...).

This brings shame on anyone who works at Behringer. Even disregarding the antisemitic inspiration, this is just despicable.

Sogradde

Reaction score
First of all, I never called anyone a Nazi. So any of that is just projection on your part.

Regardless of intent (which is pretty dubious in context), the graphic is very reminiscent of post-WWI, German depictions of Jews. I'm not going to post that garbage here to compare. From all appearances you seem plenty informed of such.
Yeah I'm sure the Nazi reference is totally not on your mind when you speak of german 1930 anti-jewish propaganda. Also lovely implications towards me.
People like you are the reason the political climate is so toxic in the west but I'm sure you'll find ways to spin this around to make it look like you have the moral high ground as you always do.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure the Nazi reference is totally not on your mind when you speak of german 1930 anti-jewish propaganda. Also lovely implications towards me.
People like you are the reason the political climate is so toxic in the west but I'm sure you'll find ways to spin this around to make it look like you have the moral high ground as you always do.

There's no moral high ground to have, you just don't seem to want to actually read what folks are saying, you just fall back on tropes of calling people Nazis, which absolutely no one is doing here, while projecting your own thoughts and insecurities.

Status
Not open for further replies.