Best and worst vocalists.

• Thread starter Samer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Some of my favorites:
Tony Kakko - not only is his voice amazing and unique, but his writing ability is magical
Bjorn "Speed" Strid - this man is brutal
Russel Allen - no need to explain
Matthew Barlow - if for no other reason than 'Horrow Show'
Mikael Akerfeldt - brutal, beautiful, haunting - he does a lot of awesome things
JP Leppäluoto - awesome, even if not the most unique
Hansi Kursch - his range is fucking ridiculous, and his voice sounds amazing when layered 90 times.. and he's epic as shit

Worst:
Lemmy
*insert hardcore band's singer here*
Glen Danzig
many more that I can't think of.. probably because I don't like them and don't think about them.

Nitsuj

Reaction score
Best :

Devin Townsend
Russell Allen
Dio
Tori Amos
Eric Martin
Sebas Bach
Freddie

Worst :

Jimi Hendrix
Geddy Lee
Eric Johnson

Koshchei

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not huge into vocalists, but:

Best:

Devin Townsend. Check out "Wrong Side" to see this man's utterly insane diversity.
James Labrie. Acquired taste, I know, but I like him.
Luciano Pavarotti.
Freddie Mercury
...plenty of others

Worst:

James Hetfield
Dave Mustaine
Brian Johnson
Bob Dylan
Uli Roth
..even more

poopyalligator

Dr.Poopyalligator
Reaction score
my favorites are probably, steve perry of journey, stevie wonder, jimmy atkins of jimmy eat world. jorn lande of ark and various other power metal bands. and maurice white of earth wind and fire. As far as metal goes I like john henry of darkest hour.

As far as worst voices go. I hate james blunt. I dont like macy gray.tim armstrong of rancid (and that horrible generic punk voice people use).

Those are a few examples.Sorry if anybody likes those people

Koshchei

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot about that.

How does a guy who is possibly the best electric guitarist ever listen to himself singing and think it's good enough to go on his recordings?

Clearly, he never saw the Muppet Show. If he had, he would have come to the inevitable and startling realization that he sounds like Jim Henson sounding like Kermit the Frog sounding like Bob Dylan.

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score
Top 5 in order

1) Maynard James Keenan
2) Layne Stayley
3) Devin Townsend
4) Chino Moreno
5) Mike Patton

Bear in mind lyric writing, note choice and phrasing are as important if not more so than technique. EG: Lajon from sevendust has great technique but his lyrics and note choice are cheesy and embarrassing.

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
Best: Lights!.........and Casey Sabol is awseome too. The guy from textures is awsome too.

Worst: whoever does vocals in Immortal. And I don't like Ozzy. I really don't like James Labrie either (Dream theatre would be incredible if they'd get rid of him IMO).

-mouse-

Such a strange numb
Reaction score
best:

kyo
chino moreno
howard jones
brian aubert (kind of annoying but hey its good)
the boys from mastodon

worst:

david lee roth
the singer from jane's addiction... ugh fuck kill me
The singer from pearl jam, nickleback, staind, three days grace, STP, and bush... I say singer not plural cause they sound like they could be the same person. Although pearl jam's new song had me singing out loud and the vocals aren't quite so bad this time.
macy gray... jesus, do not want.
the fray
30h!3... I wanna fucking kill this guy whenever I hear his voice.
Davy Havok's style- I don't have beef with davy so much as the style that he spawned... A thousand whiny fucking kids imitating the style is a huge huge offense.
Panic at the Disco- UGH UTTER DRIVEL STOP JUST FUCKING STOP
Danzig- He sounds like a fat disgruntled elvis.
Attack Attack!: haha. auto tune fagolinis