Best concert....

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
That you have been to. Mine proly is pantera in lil rock arkansas. I thnk it was in 01. Got to meet dime he gave his pick. Just awesome! Will never forget it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Mines a tie between August Burns Red's hometown DVD shoot show in 2008 and being VIP for Bon Jovi in 2010 :lol:

otisct20

Reaction score
Wretched. Wretched is fucking amazing live, best band I have ever seen. Awesome dudes to hang with too, there were maybe 50 people at the show (melo death isnt popular around here) so most of us got on stage and headbanged during Exodus Of the Autonomy. It was amazing

mr_rainmaker

Resident Cherokee
Reaction score
OK I`ll out.....

sometime ago I went to a steel panther concert,haven`t had that much fun in 20years,wait a minute she was 20 and her sister was 19 :hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang::fawk:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Sevendust, 2 nights in a row in Atlanta a few years back. So awesome!

Also, a very close 2nd would be Soilwork/Darkest Hour/Mnemic/Threat Signal in like... '09? Really not sure, but it was bad ass!

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
Unsilent Night 2012.

Was able to see letlive., Volumes, Every Time I Die, and Glassjaw.

mike0

Reaction score
iron maiden when they were on their somewhere back in time tour. it was really great because being born in the early 90s i never got to see them live in their glory days, literally couldn't have asked for a more perfect show. two and a half hours of their 80s material presented as grand as it was back then. :hbang:

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
GWAR

they may not be the greatest musicians with the greatest music ever made, but they put on a damn good show

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score
Mine would probably be a tie between the Megadeth/Sevendust/Monster Magnet show in 1998, or Pantera/Soulfly/Morbid Angel in 2001. Amazing concerts. It started storming and got huge wind gusts right when Megadeth started playing "Tornado of Souls"... fit SO perfectly!

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
Metallica at the Coliseum in 2003, the wife and I were just behind the barricade.

AFI at the Palladium in 2000, the wife and I were on the barricade.

Manson at the Houseof Blue in Vegas 2003? 2004?

Clutch at the Roxy 2006? 2007 maybe?

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
I devide mine into two categories.

Big budget and with high spectacle value and small venue concerts.

For a big concert it would have to be Rammstein. Hands down the most amazing show ive ever seen.

For small clubs it would have to be Symphony x. Because I was fron row having micheal romeo shredding right above me and singing the pokemon them song along with 6 other dudes when powerglove was on. Good times.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
AC/DC in 2009 with my dad. He got me into AC/DC and they have become my favorite band. It almost brought me to tears seeing them and watching my dad scream his head off to the songs.

Rammstein in 2011 at the Izod center in Norther Jersey. I had pit tickets and was about 40-50 feet away from the stage. Fucking unreal show.

Job For A Cowboy video shoot in the basement of the First Unitariun Church in Philly in 2009...maybe 2010?

MIL8

Reaction score
Steve Vai during the Ultra Zone tour in St. Louis Missouri. It was at a place that was at that time called the FireHouse, it was an abandoned fire station converted into a club. Two friends and I got there plenty early and were either the first or second group in line to get in, we were hoping to be close to the stage. The tour bus was parked right on the street in front of us, when Steve came out of the bus to go in for soundcheck everyone in line went silent. As he was walking by I stuck my hand out and he walked over and shook my hand, then went inside, that caused the whole crowd to cheer and applause. We got right in and were right in front of the stage, which was only about 2 feet higher than the floor. The whole concert I was right in front of him, except when he moved from the center, I could have reached out and touched his guitar at any time, (of course I didn't but it was tempting). Watching "For The Love of God" performed 2 feet in front of you, WOW! That was something I'll never forget, I often wish I had a time machine and could go back and re-live that concert.

I have to also mention the first time I saw DreamTheater. I went with a group of friends to Chicago to see them. This was on the Scenes from a Memory tour. I got really sick, but I rode with them so I was stuck there, and I wasn't about to miss the show. It was FREEZING cold too, Chicago has to be one of the coldest places on earth. I was miserable, I felt awful, waiting in line in the freezing cold, was snowing on us too, amazing I didn't get pneumonia. But it was worth it, we again got right up on the stage (I love general admission), and I was right in front of Petrucci, about 10ft. away. Once they hit the stage I didn't feel sick at all, it was great. This was when he had just started playing his Ernie Ball. He didn't yet have a 7 string though because he still played the black and white Ibanez for the 7 string songs. Was a great night.

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score

I have to also mention the first time I saw DreamTheater. I went with a group of friends to Chicago to see them. This was on the Scenes from a Memory tour. I got really sick, but I rode with them so I was stuck there, and I wasn't about to miss the show. It was FREEZING cold too, Chicago has to be one of the coldest places on earth. I was miserable, I felt awful, waiting in line in the freezing cold, was snowing on us too, amazing I didn't get pneumonia. But it was worth it, we again got right up on the stage (I love general admission), and I was right in front of Petrucci, about 10ft. away. Once they hit the stage I didn't feel sick at all, it was great. This was when he had just started playing his Ernie Ball. He didn't yet have a 7 string though because he still played the black and white Ibanez for the 7 string songs. Was a great night.

I saw them on that tour as well! Amazing show they put on, and still my favorite DT album.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
Really dug the Tool/ISIS show I attended. Two of my favorites.

But the Periphery/Contortionist/Human Abstract show last year probably takes the cake. Three of my favorites.

Latest posts