Best concert....

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Floyd in 94', I was 11 and it was my first concert ever.

Dream Theater both times at the Roseland on the SFAM tour. Met some awesome people hanging outside that I hung out with again on the night they filmed for the DVD. The DVD day/night was soooo long. I got there at 10am and secured my spot in the front of the line, walked inside the venue before the band showed up, saw the techs setting everything up. I was directly in front of Petrucci for both those shows.

I think I left the Roseland around 1-2am. Both shows were awesome but the DVD night was really intense. And I got a cool souvenir in the form of the DVD after. I ended up in half the behind the scenes footage and a couple spots during the show.

Steve Vai on the Ultra Zone tour at Irving Plaza. Got there crazy early, accosted Vai while he was getting out of a cab then again in the ticket booth. Stood direcltly in front of him the whole show, no barrier in front of the stage so I literally just stood there resting my arms on the stage about a foot away from Vai's pedalboard.

Pantera twice on the Real Steel tour in 01', that was fucking badass.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
Led Zepplin two nights in a row at the Forum in LA

Rolling Stones " " " " " " " " " "

Jeff Beck and Mahavishnu Orchestra who both jammed together after each did their individual sets.

Alice Cooper Billion Dollar Babies tour, McNicoles Arena Denver Colo.

AC/DC and Mahogany Rush same night.

Deep Purple in every version/line up.

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
I don't remember if it was '89 or '90. The original, Headbangers Ball tour. Exodus, Helloween & Anthrax at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, NY. The best Anthrax lineup, with Belladonna & Spitz. The first & last time I moshed. Took an elbow to the thigh. Dead on center.

Yep. Best concert ever. :smile:

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
The Eagles are easily the best live performance I've ever seen. They are one of the first bands I even remember hearing as a little kid, my mom has always loved them and I grew up with them as well. We went to see them together in 2004 and it was awesome.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Probably Symphony X live at the Lincoln Theatre in Raliegh, NC.

Not only did I get to be at the front of the stage of Michael Romeo, I meet all the guys, and went out to Starbucks with my Dad (thanks again Dad) and Michael Pinella.

astralsearcher

Reaction score
hands down for me best concert was Megadeth/Suicidal Tendencies sometime in the early 90's.

the most amazing display of guitaring i have ever seen however was when i saw Paco de Lucia live. it was like a whole nother world up on that stage.

brett8388

Reaction score
AFI and Sick of It All in probably 1998 in Houston. AFI hadn't pussed out yet and Sick of It All was at the top of their game. Great show.

Reaction score
Wintersun - December 1st 2012 :) I met every member of the band, got pictures and autographs. Was awesome!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tough to choose one

Pink Floyd - Division Bell tour
Queensryche - Livecrime tour
David Lee Roth - Skyscraper tour... Vai and Sheehan were un-freaking-real
Rush - Clockwork Angels tour
Heaven and Hell - either tour, saw them both :dio:

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
hmm, warped tour. saw devils wear prada, august burns red, the word alive, dance gavin dance ect.. in one day.

although circa survive was Amazing

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Mines a toss up either Rammstein or Lynyrd Skynyrd. Rammstein because, well it Rammstein and Skynyrd because being 10' from your idols watching them play Freebird.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
SYL in 1999 when Devin toured for the Physicist album. He threw up half way thru the 90 minute set and just kept going. It was totally insane... got to back up vocals during Detox and Namaste.

Meshuggah opening for Slayer on the Chaosphere tour...

Pantera, White Zombie and the Deftones in....i dunno, i was in high school.

Skrapmetal

Reaction score
Lollapalooza 1996.

Metallica, Soundgarden, The Ramones, Rancid...

Not the heaviest lineup I've seen by far, but the whole day was amazing.

troyguitar

Reaction score
DIO with Malmsteen opening ~2001 in Detroit :dio:

I loved Dio but had never heard of Yngwie before and both of them were awesome. That was the day I got into shred and started me on the path to learning guitar.

Nightwish in NYC 2003 was also unreal. It was a one-off show that was their first ever in North America and everything was perfect. Tarja put almost every rock/metal singer I've ever seen to shame live.

Pushingink

Reaction score
Queensryche - Livecrime
The Firm (Jimi Page live, so glad I got to see him)
Alcatraz (with Malmsteen before we knew who he was, 1983) opening for Nugent.
Zappa plays Zappa (phenominal muscians, all of them)

Latest posts