Best Delay Plugin?

• Thread starter icipher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

icipher

Reaction score
I am new to recording and am running the Fortin nameless suite in Reaper. The built in delay that reaper has isn't cutting it for me. what is a good option for getting delay in my tracks? is there a plugin i should be using that is either free or inexpensive that sounds really good? I'd rather turn a digital knob than enter in numbers into the delay fields.

thanks for any input you can provide.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noise in my mind

Reaction score
I use the boz labs imperial delay. You can get it on sale if you wait usually. Not cheap though at the current price. Echo Boy is another popular option, they have junior version that you might like.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I am new to recording and am running the Fortin nameless suite in Reaper. The built in delay that reaper has isn't cutting it for me.
What about the Reaper delay isn't cutting it for you? I use it all the time, and have had no problems at all with it.

icipher

Reaction score
What about the Reaper delay isn't cutting it for you? I use it all the time, and have had no problems at all with it.

The parameters are all numbered. I am used to using a dial to sweep through the intensity of a certain effect. I haven't been able to dial in a sound that really works for what I am trying to do.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Um, I don't have Reaper in front of me at the moment, but I'm like 80% sure you can adust delay time by clicking and dragging on the millisecond box, and I KNOW you can control delay mix by using the volume sliders. :lol:

Idunno, I mostly just use tempo-sync'd delays anyway, which are super easy to set up in ReaDelay.