best free amp sim - testing Harlequin by Mercuriall

• Thread starter shnizzle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheUnknownOne

Reaction score
Sounds great ! Tried it at home but couldn't get "my tone" out of it so I guess i'll stick with TSE/Emissary

Btw, How do you like that Iron Label ?

shnizzle

johnny
Reaction score
Sounds great ! Tried it at home but couldn't get "my tone" out of it so I guess i'll stick with TSE/Emissary

Btw, How do you like that Iron Label ?

i love that iron label. it has a powerful chunky sound that i´m very much into nowadays. the only thing i´m missing is a 26.5" scale length. but with a 68 gauge string drop A still works fine.

TheUnknownOne

Reaction score
i love that iron label. it has a powerful chunky sound that i´m very much into nowadays. the only thing i´m missing is a 26.5" scale length. but with a 68 gauge string drop A still works fine.

Man how I feel you ! If only they made those in 26'5, it would have been an instant buy for me haha ! They look SWEET

shnizzle

johnny
Reaction score
What pc, audio interface and monitors are you using?

my pc is actually pretty mediocre. a 4th gen i5 running at 3.2GHz and boosting to 3.6GHz and 8Gb or Ram. interface is a Presonus Studio 68, monitors are Yamaha HS8.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Mind sharing pics of actual pc, audio interface and monitors. Thanks

Seriously those are basic modern computer specs, nothing fancy going in there. Do a research yourself where you can buy that kind of computer in your area pre-assembled or just components if you want to do it yourself, ffs. There are companies who do such things, or just assembled pc's made by bigger companies. Or you can go in the used market and change components that don't meet with your needs.

TheUnknownOne

Reaction score
So after a second try I feel that Harlequin is MASSIVE sounding. I figured that I just needed to add more input gain than what I'm used to with Emissary, but the sound is really satisfying with a nice crunch in the low mids and no overbearing high end sizzle !