Best moment of 2010

• Thread starter Encephalon5
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Getting an AAA pass from someone and walking backstage to meet Fear Factory. Was so surreal, but brilliant. People say never meet your heroes, but I'm so glad I did that night. Burton, Dino and Byron are very lovely people, didn't get to chat to Gene though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
Tie between getting my Carvin 727, visiting some luthiers/friends in England and seeing Jethro Tull live, I guess. I didn't really do much this year.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Basically this

27066_1363893465673_1481712850_30998891_2698825_n.jpg

josh pelican

Banned
Reaction score
Giving money to and supporting Black History Month being extended to more than one month while visiting Toronto.

I am respected by every black person in Toronto.

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
^all 6 of em :lol:

id have to say completing my first year on the job, getting my rig together, and making nice with lots of cool people in the area for the first time since i moved here. its starting to feel like home finally =)

ILuvPillows

Baby seal will destr
Reaction score
Started the cello in February
Got my Grade 8 in guitar (with merit)
Got accepted into Bath Spa University (woo music degree)
Booked my Madagascar trip (Which will be on the list of next years achievments)

...actually this thread has made me see all the good points of this year, which beforehand i would have said to be a pretty crappy one. Good thread TS.

RaceCar

Que te jodas.
Reaction score
At the John Mayer concert on Feb 12th, 2010, during "Edge of Desire" during the solo part when my girlfriend just turned to me and wrapped her arms around me and just buried her face in my chest and we just swayed. No words can describe how amazing this moment was. Not only was this the best part of 2010, but it might be the best 30 seconds of my life. That's hard to top.

Also, seeing After The Burial in January play Aspirations.
And, getting my first REAL full time job where I can actually support myself. What a rush.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I hung out with an old HS buddy I hadn't seen in 14 years. I was a bit worried that we might have grown far enough apart that it'd just be weird and awkward, but it was awesome.

groph

Reaction score
All three times I was drunk off my ass so that might be a bad sign

1. Evolve - First time being there. What an atmosphere. Indulge in your vices of choice for 3 days amidst a pile of hippies and awesome bands

2. Glowstick party at the Palace in Halifax - Made me want to go to a rave, fucking crazy night

3. Slowcoaster at The Paragon in Halifax - I do love this band. Being wasted with your best friends singingly along sloppily and dancing to it sloppily-ier amounts to a fucking awesome night

Honorable mention goes to seeing Ion Dissonance and Beneath the Massacre

Step aside Christmas, I have a massive fucking houseparty to go to for New Year's.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I want to add the Basick Records party to my list. Seeing Chimp Spanner, Tesseract and Monuments live together was awesome, and meeting them and a few other faces from this forum made the night all that more awesome.

Kidneythief

Reaction score
Spending the Spring Semester in Vienna at the University there

Spending time with my girlfriend (although she broke up with me just a couple of days ago *whinewhinewhine*)....I'll treasure every moment

Seeing Meshuggah live at Hegyalja Festival...front row!!! \m/

pink freud

Reaction score
Probably the Roger Waters concert. I bought those tickets months in advance and it was worth the wait.

Clive

Reaction score
hey...
the best moment of 2010 for me is.....
when go to outing with my friends and there we enjoy a lot

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
This year was a hell of a year for me.

Got addicted to all sorts of (very high end) pills and cocaine.
Getting clean was murder. Seriously I overdosed five times and actually killed myself once. Was dead for a minute. I finally got clean though. Been clean a month(ish). Woo! I'm still struggling with it.
Went out with two girls. Still friends with one of them. The other cheated on me multiple times so i hate her and she won't leave me alone.

Worked at mercedes for a while then got laid off. Now doing hard labor jobs and such..
Wrecked my car and now i'm just out of a car.
Sold two of my favorite guitars cause I needed money to help with bills. Only have one guitar now...and no amp.
Sold my amp to help my cousin pay for his daughters surgery. Then found out he is a heroine addict.

Now i'm living with a friend and his mom. Looking for a job so I can save up for a car and then go to college. Meanwhile struggling not to relapse. refusing to get on antidepressants that I've been told I need by soooo many people and doctors.

Musically? Trying to start or a join a band , i'm a metal vocalist. So far everyone has been flakes or haven't took it serious.

Hope other people had a good year.

ZachTheRipper

Bass Face
Reaction score
Seeing Rush play live for the first time was something I'll never forget. One of the best memories I'll ever have with my dad.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Hearing about the manager of a music shop getting excited when he was told I was looking to work for him :lol:

:metal:

Also my christmas presents were amazing - first time buying for my whole family with my own money too...it was pretty good...