Best playing low end 6 you have owed?

• Thread starter Detested
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
images

I sold my ESP after i bought this one :p

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
the new charvel desolation series is amazing. smooth unfinished wood neck, locking tuners, and good pickups. they are a win straight out of the box :)
Yes sir, just played one a few days ago in a tasty ocean blue finish....my oh my, I couldn't help but feel that magnet force pulling me from walking out of the store without one. It feels *too* good for the asking price, had to ask about the price to see if there was a digit missing from the left hand side of the tag! :lol: In the end I barely made it out of the store empty handed, but definitely gas-ing hard for one atm :agreed:

But, on topic again, my end of line Schecter C-1 desert continues to blow me away, I don't get the hate (or distaste) generally of them on here, hasn't let me down once, and i wish i could say that about some of my other higher end gear, just such solid instruments.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Chapman guitars in general, I've never heard one bad thing about them. Also the Charvel Desolation series guitars KICK ASS, the few that I played all felt like high end instruments.

Also lower end Godins are a great value.

I can't comment on low end guitars I've owned, i've just had my current line up of guitars for so long I don't remember the previous ones.

patata

7 heaven
Reaction score
bc_rich_iron_bird_pro_spalted_maple.jpg

This ............ has the SMOOTHEST neck I've tried.This and a Vigier I tried a while back.Want to sell it to fund a build but noone buys :(

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I know they're not a favorite brand around here, but I have a dean vendetta 1.0 that I got for something like $200 brand new about 8 or 9 years ago. Plays quite well and (imo) sounds great too.

tDayrtQ.jpg

(yes the bridge is on backwards, oops)

I've cycled probably 10 different pickups through it, but it currently has the stock pickups back in it, since I wanted to go back to passive and didn't have anything else handy. I'm thinking about putting the EMG's back in, but I'm far too lazy to redo all the wiring again.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
These are more mid range guitars, but a PRE SE i had way back when they first came out - probably still the best sounding/playing guitar i've played. I traded it for a MIJ Sabre, biggest mistake.

I have an Ibanez SA32EX right now with de-activators that is by far my favorite guitar, love everything about it.

I know they're not a favorite brand around here, but I have a dean vendetta 1.0 that I got for something like $200 brand new about 8 or 9 years ago. Plays quite well and (imo) sounds great too.

Wow that's surprising. The vendetta i had was gawdawful - not saying yours is by any means, but my example sucked! It was so light and thin sounding, could of sworn it was balsa wood!

texshred777

Reaction score
Toss up between my RG570 and MiM Fender Strat. Bought both for about $300(Fender was new, RG used). Both were fantastic instruments and I would have gigged/recorded with them(and did) anytime.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Wow that's surprising. The vendetta i had was gawdawful - not saying yours is by any means, but my example sucked! It was so light and thin sounding, could of sworn it was balsa wood!

For a guitar this cheap I imagine quality control is quite lacking, I figure I probably got really lucky. Never had any issues, apart from the neck not fitting tightly in the neck pocket. A hard bump can shift the neck a bit and knock it out of tune. If I gigged with it or something I'd probably have to find a solution for that, but I don't so its no big deal to me.

Metal-Box

Gear Curator
Reaction score
Thought I would post this to maybe help newbs or maybe a newb you know,decided to get my omen 6 string through up and running again,new strings,neck back in whak and man this thing plays better than I remember,sustain and arch top feel good,pups decent, only bad is strings are off center of neck,hehe.
Please tell of your cheap 6's.

I have an Omen 6 and it is a very good guitar. With a pickup upgrade, it will hang with many more expensive guitars. I really like Schecters.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
This piece of awesomesauce right here:

EDIT: Wrong picture from my photobucket :wallbash:

Edit2: Here we go! MY RG5EX1 with a single EMG 85 in the bridge and foam in the middle/neck

20130815_220131_RichtoneHDR.jpg

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
pacificas are awesome for cheap fat strats, and my ibanez art100 it sounds huge and it's tiny. and then my damian c7 is awesome i got it for $110 but they were $400 when they came out.

EarlWellington

Reaction score
I have an Ibanez SZ320MH with X2n and D-Activator X pickups in it and it plays amazing. The action and sound are amazing and it plays better and sounds better than other more expensive guitars I own

craigny

Winning...duh
Reaction score
My current Gibson SGJ plays and sounds as nice as any high end Gibson ive owned...i did swap the 490 set for a set of Burstbucker pros but thats a wash as they are all Gibson pickups anyway and quick connect....badass guitar for under $600 new....

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
The concept of "budget" really is quite far reaching on this forum :p

I also support the promotion of Yamaha Pacificas, very cool guitars for the price and everyone I have played has been solid.

In terms of guitars I have "owned", my girl friends Ibanez RGA32 is something I would class as "inexpensive" and it's a fine guitar. I like it a lot and being a Jackson Charvel fan, that's saying something - imho.