BKP Aftermath in Ibanez RGD2127Z

Shredguitar666

Reaction score
I'm about to order an Ibanez RGD2127Z. At the same time I want to upgrade the pickups to something that is a bit cooler than the stock pickups. I'm going to be playing melodic progressive metal on it.

As far as what I have read it seems to be the general opinion that the Aftermath pretty much slays everything else when it comes to metal.

I've read somewhere that the Aftermath should be especially good in basswood, which sounds promising since my soon-to-be Ibanez has a basswood body.

I guess I am looking for someone with experience with this pickup - ideally a person who tried the pickup in a basswood guitar. Did it live up to the hype and is it worth the dough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
That really depends on the sound you're going for. I hated the Aftermath in my basswood 1527. Some people really love that combination. Can you list some tones you want to reference?

kris_jammage

Reaction score
I use Aftermaths in my Rg7321 and Rg7621. They fuckin rule! So clear and tight. I'd say get one for the bridge, try it out and if you dont like it then I'm sure you wouldnt have any trouble selling it on.

MaxAidingAres

Reaction score
Go for the Nailbomb more on the progressive side with a Cold Sweat Neck to get that stand out neck pup tone :)
after math is good but seems more on the chugga chugga side especially with the basswood body / Korina depending..

Shredguitar666

Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys. I really like the chugga chugga tightness of the aftermath so your feedback convinced me. I ordered an open set of Aftermaths! I am extremely excited now and can't wait for it to arrive! I'll be posting pics once I get the beast :D

legolas151

Reaction score
I have a 1527 with Aftermaths and they sound awesome! They're not only for chugga chugga stuff; they have a lot of clarity (which is gr8 for chords in general and single note riffing), punch and nice dynamics using the volume knob!

CRaul87

Reaction score
Dimarzio dactivator works just fine for me, no need to sell a kidney just to get BKP :)

that short guy

Reaction score
I tried the Aftermaths for the same kind of music and honestly I didn't like them, but I got the Cold Sweats and they were exactly what I was looking for.