Black Label Society is pretty cool!

• Thread starter Brett89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
They have some pretty good songs, but most of it just sounds like the same song over and over again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digital Black

Reaction score
zakk is a great player. the problem with bls is the music is just very repetitive. They don't go to far away from what they do. Plus that biker image was out before it was ever in for him. And the thing i hate most about that band is that little shit he's got playing guitar with him. He's like a little zakk clone or a "mini-me" if you will. Whatever zakk does he's right on his ass doing the same thing. If your going to be the backup for one of the most legendary guitarists ever it's probably a good idea to find your own identity to distinguish yourself.
:agreed:

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I prefer to hear Zakk within the context of a colaborative group (i.e. the 'No More Tears' album) as that seems to make him take more time over the songwriting, although some of the early BLS stuff is great.

Seedawakener

ouh...
Reaction score
00-0-0-0-00-0-1----00-0-0-0-00-3 (brutal pinch harmonic vibrato)

THat is every zakk wylde song in a nutshell. :lol: Used to listen to it a couple of years ago though, now I just find it boring.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I care fuck-all about Black Label Society. Wilde is basically dead to me for his band's role in the Iron Maiden fiasco after the last Ozzfest, and while back in the day the guy had chops, his binge drinking has taken a serious toll on his alternate picking.

I heard a clip of him with an acoustic back in the day, singing like he was trying to sound like the allman Brothers or something. His voice was actually pretty good. Pity he tries to sound so much like Ozzy when he sings these days.

Zakk's just a guy I have very little respect for these days.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I care fuck-all about Black Label Society. Wilde is basically dead to me for his band's role in the Iron Maiden fiasco after the last Ozzfest, and while back in the day the guy had chops, his binge drinking has taken a serious toll on his alternate picking.

I heard a clip of him with an acoustic back in the day, singing like he was trying to sound like the allman Brothers or something. His voice was actually pretty good. Pity he tries to sound so much like Ozzy when he sings these days.

Zakk's just a guy I have very little respect for these days.

The drop in his picking chops has been extremely noticeable, you're right. It's sad, as he was one of the first guys to inspire me to really work at my alternate picking chops.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
zakk is a great player.

Agree to disagree I guess! I think he's terrible. I don't care if you can physically play. If he hasn't been able to write any good songs in 16 years, he's a terrible guitar player in my eyes. I'd take random web clips from SS.org members over anything Zakk's done since 1991's No More Tears album.

I could care less about his lame partner, he sucks because he's apparently unable or unwilling to write memorable riffs/songs. And he can't sing. I dont even care about his attitude. If Hitler put out a good record, I'd listen to it. I just think his music is lazy and boring.

Dive-Baum

Bite Me Fan Boy!!
Reaction score
You all keep talking about the biker tough guy image Zakk has tried so hard to carve out for himself..I can't help but laugh about it. If you guys remember when he first started playing for Ozzy when he was like 20 or something (maybe younger) he had his hair highlighted some and it was all teased out..really poofy. Lots of Aqua Net.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
You all keep talking about the biker tough guy image Zakk has tried so hard to carve out for himself..I can't help but laugh about it. If you guys remember when he first started playing for Ozzy when he was like 20 or something (maybe younger) he had his hair highlighted some and it was all teased out..really poofy. Lots of Aqua Net.

that was also the style at the time.

Dive-Baum

Bite Me Fan Boy!!
Reaction score
I'm aware..I went through a few aqua net bottles in my day as well. It's just funny looking back

skattabrain

slow and low
Reaction score
ha ha ... his style is just as generic as zim described his playing, but that's not the point ... i just think the smelly, i"i gave up on showers" look is funny. i agree with zim, mostly ... i just think he's a killer guitarist, but can't write to save his life ... i don't buy albums full of chops. i buy songs.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score

hey! he spells it Wylde. care with that "i" ;)

skattabrain

slow and low
Reaction score
oh yeah ... that whole iron maiden thing was bullshit, i fumed! who the f*ck are you BLS?

his band and sharron osbourne to go **** themselves for that alone.

T_money419

Badass mofo
Reaction score
oh yeah ... that whole iron maiden thing was bullshit, i fumed! who the f*ck are you BLS?

his band and sharron osbourne to go **** themselves for that alone.

I really don't get why people are so pissed off about the Ozzfest thing with Iron Maiden. Bruce Dickenson made fun of Ozzy while playing Ozzfest(which is a really stupid and ass like thing to do), so Sharon ,being a total bitch, ruined the Iron Maiden performances. Both sides fucked up. How the hell can Black Label Society be dead to someone because Zakk took the side of someone that gave him a career.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
^ :agreed: What Bruce did was lame. How Sharon handled it was immature to say the least. It's easy to argue for or against either side.