Bought a new midi keyboard... so made a song.

• Thread starter Volteau
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Volteau

the Bard
Reaction score
Well, just as the thread subject suggests, I made the decision to go to BestBuy and buy my self a midi keyboard since, well, I thought it would have made my life easier as far as writing simple piano melodies and basic drum rhythms, and it did :D. Took me a while to figure out all the re-routing that needed to be done within Sonar (omg, yes, I use Sonar :eek: :D). Anywho, decided to test out some sounds ala Chroma Key/OSI with the layering style of, say, ISIS, and here's what came of it:

Even You, Sweet Giant by Volteau on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Again, this is one of those 1 to 2 hours made songs (check out my NGD Acacia Cronus guitar thread for the other one), so it's not perfectly produced or anything (not even mastered or properly mixed).

Cheers,

Volt

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
:worth:

Congrats. Very cool, Has a Nine Inch Nails meets Crystal Method Vibe to it.

Volteau

the Bard
Reaction score
lol well, it's nothing aesthetically too interesting to look at, but it's this exact one (I have NO idea where my camera is :S):

M-Audio-Session-Keystudio-4911.jpg

EthanC

MMO Developer
Reaction score
Very very catchy dude. Would you mind enabling a download of the same thing without the drums? I'd like to put some weight to it and send it back to see what you think?

Volteau

the Bard
Reaction score
All_¥our_Bass;3051886 said:
Sounds really cool and beautiful.

Thanks man! Glad you liked it.

Very very catchy dude. Would you mind enabling a download of the same thing without the drums? I'd like to put some weight to it and send it back to see what you think?

Sure thing, man. But first let me expand on it and make it into an actual full song (even though it was a test at first I rather liked how it turned out). Shouldn't be too long down the road. Though I might just upload the drumless version anyway. Give me till tomorrow :D