Brands you for some reason just don't like

• Thread starter Low Baller
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Low Baller

Reaction score
This really apply for six, seven or erg, mods move as you wish.

What is a brand you just for some reason can't get down with. Maybe you know or can't put your finger on it but you just don't like it.

For me Jackson, I have tried their high end stuff I don't know I just don't feel them. I can tell they're quality stuff just not for me I guess.

I really dislike BC Rich aside from their extreme looks I am yet to play one that I feel sounds good I feel it's the looks you pay for which I am not into to begin with.

Washburn I do like their acoustics but something doesn't add up for me.

Dan electro I don't dig them just not for me at all.

Dean not into either they're missing something for me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Gibson. I don't know what it is about them, but I just can't play worth a damn on them. Every single one I have played on sucks the mojo right out of me.

Jackson for me too. I just don't gel with them. Everytime I am playing in I just feel like, "This isn't bad...but I could be playing an Ibanez..."

Low Baller

Reaction score
Gibson. I don't know what it is about them, but I just can't play worth a damn on them. Every single one I have played on sucks the mojo right out of me.

Jackson for me too. I just don't gel with them. Everytime I am playing in I just feel like, "This isn't bad...but I could be playing an Ibanez..."

+1 I think Jackson is too similar to Ibanez

And I like gibsons but I feel you my issue with them is I think they have such an iconic sound and look also being so many peoples dream guitar once I get one in my hands it's like ok i feel like slash or jimmy page. Great guitars I guess I am
just more contemporary.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
I don't get along with Gibson/Epiphone guitars, though I know exactly why. Angled necks, short scales, non-recessed TOM bridges, vintage frets (usually 22 of them), and narrow string spacing just don't get along with my hands/brain. A friend of mine left his Gibson LP Standard at my place for a few months and while the quality was there and it sounded killer, I just couldn't get myself to play it much since it wasn't comfortable or inspiring to me.

Schecter. Not really sure why since many models share specs with LTD models I like and they generally play well for the money. A black LTD H-1001? Hell yeah I'd rock it! A black Hellraiser C1? Meh.

I've been able to spend a good amount of time with a few friends' Schecter guitars and they just didn't have "it" to me. Almost like the factory decided to 86 "it" and substitute more abalone :lol: to be fair, I've not tried many post-2014/new awesome-looking/spec'd models :2c: some of them look good enough to change my mind, but I haven't been able to put my mitts on them in-store.

cult

Reaction score
I'm gonna say it now...

*inhale*
Most Ibanez models
*exhale*

Except for the fireman and Iceman, they don't do much for me.
Thordendals Stoneman is pretty rad too.

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
My opinion:
Every guitar with TOM bridge.
Every guitar with EMGs 81 ;-)))
I can't stand Gibson/Epiphone line.
Every LP style guitar.
PRS are quality guitars, but for me they are ugly and unconfortable and a little dull sounding.
BC Rich are ugly ass guitars, except gunslinger.
Lower end Ibanez - very poor quality.
I like ESP M series, but for me their necks are too bulky, so nay for ergonomics.
Washburn guitars - dunno why only Nuno model is comfy for me. I didn't try Solar tho.
Mine :2c:

Humbuck

Can't stop, won't stop
Reaction score
Ibanez

Some nice products but they do nothing for me mostly.

downburst82

Reaction score
BC Rich for me. The eagle is one of my all time favorite body shapes but all the ones ive played felt terrible to me...except one my friends dad had it was awhile ago so I dont remember the year or specific model #/name ( it was an eagle but thats all I remember) It was obviously vintage and played and sounded incredible! But ya every other one I've tried even a few older ones just felt super wrong.

svart

Far Beyond Metal
Reaction score
I got this with schecter somehow... No matter which one I pick up, it feels like too chunky and dead wood without mojo to me...

Fender, their neck profile turns me off in a big way, too much of a rounded C where I gel most with a thinner D shape neck.

Same for gibson/epiphone, feels like a baseballbat to me no matter how hard I try...

Bc rich is on/off for me. Played some nice ones and owned high end total duds... Kinda hit or miss with them.

Carvin, a friend keeps hinting me towards them but just zero interest... Can't get into them somehow..

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Ibanez... I just really don't get 'em. I mean sure the expensive ones are super dope, but the shapes don't do squat for me.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I'm brand agnostic, but every brand has a thing or 2 I don't gel with.
I hate some features, not brands.

ibanice

Reaction score
I don't get along with gibson very well.. It's just overpriced made in U.S dumb quality guitars. Everytime I pick up one I'm afraid that I'm gonna break the neck on the guitar. It's just not very well made IMO. And WAAAY overpriced!

AND explores. I can't stand playing them.

Brodolio

Reaction score
Ibanez, I had a few of their model and i was never fully happy. The bridge was not good, the PUs, the feeling in general..
Gibson too, a guitar that costs 3 thousand bucks and doesn't stay in tune it's not for me.
Caparison, maybe I was unlucky, but the Mattias Eklundh's signature didn't worth the money

dr_game0ver

Reaction score
Ibanez, especially the S series, the standard ESP/LTD models or any MIK superstrat from that factory/price range but the best of all is Vigier and their dead sounding overpriced ugly ass jockes.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I have so many reasons to dislike Ibanez, but for some reason I love that brand more than any other, flaws and all. :shrug: This is an interesting topic but I thought I'd inject a little bit of optimism for safe measure. :cheers:

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
I don't feel attracted to Fender, because G&L means George Fullerton and Leo Fender... What's more "real" then?

Ibanez, except my own greendot Universe and MIJ Iceman models. Everything else I've touched since just couldn't live up to that guitar.

PRS, for no reason at all. I want to like them, but it just doesn't work for me.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Legator.
For some reason I just don't trust them.

Bearitone

Reaction score
My opinion:
Every guitar with TOM bridge.
Every guitar with EMGs 81 ;-)))
I can't stand Gibson/Epiphone line.
Every LP style guitar.
PRS are quality guitars, but for me they are ugly and unconfortable and a little dull sounding.
BC Rich are ugly ass guitars, except gunslinger.
Lower end Ibanez - very poor quality.
I like ESP M series, but for me their necks are too bulky, so nay for ergonomics.
Washburn guitars - dunno why only Nuno model is comfy for me. I didn't try Solar tho.
Mine :2c:

I agree with about 90% of this. :lol:

Latest posts