Case Candy?

• Thread starter cip 123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Allen wrenches are good, and I'm a big fan of stickers. Give me more of both since I lose the former and am building impenetrable armor on all of my cases with the latter.

Picks and straps usually suck so don't want those. Gimme stickers

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Allen wrenches are good, and I'm a big fan of stickers. Give me more of both since I lose the former and am building impenetrable armor on all of my cases with the latter.

Picks and straps usually suck so don't want those. Gimme stickers
@TheBolivianSniper - Now I feel bad I didn't send you any stickers lol

Yeah... Stickers are always cool and although most of the stuff that DCGL sent me with the A7 wasn't my thing, I still think it's nice that a seller throws in some extra stuff that even if I'm not going to use, I may donate to someone else.. which I have before with picks, crappy poly straps, etc.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Not sure this would be considered case candy in the traditional case but...

Some years ago on a B.C. Rich Facebook group, an individual had purchased a B.C. Rich, U.S. custom shop, Ignitor guitar from ex-Deicide guitarist, Brian Hoffman. Unbeknownst to the owner, he found some Deicide guitar picks inside the case. The guitar and the case by themselves are awesome but I think the picks are cool things to own if you're a hardcore Deicide fan.

Brian's Ignitor for those interested.

1712678792063.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edika

Reaction score
I'd like to see cases on guitars below the 2k mark. The only company that still provides hardcase on guitars between 1 and 2k is Ibanez with their Prestige guitars anD sone Gibsons over 1.5k maybe. Best case you get a gig bag or those half asked semi cases ala Jackson. A 2k made in USA guitar coming in an effing foam case ffs.

If we're actually getting a case then the multi tools are always handy, as I don't have to scavenge around for two-three-four different tools. Plus I use them for various things around the house. Like a Swiss army knife but actually useful lol. If the guitar is relatively rare a COA is nice and maybe a manual if there's any weird electronics or like the 5 way super switch Ibanez has, to know the pickup and coil combinations. I got a strap wit my Les Paul, which is leather, but it is so narrow and the guitar is so heavy, it just does not seem practical lol.

4Eyes

Reaction score
whatever you want to call it - Ibanez multitool became the most used tool I have always near me, since I purchased the Prestige RG. Zip lock bag which came with it is useful, too. I throw spares, keys and shit for other guitars in there, so it's not getting lost. this stuff should be mandatory with all guitars.

I find throwing in spare picks, set of strings useless, it's matter of personal taste, everybody uses something different, in most cases not the stuff which comes with the guitar

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
whatever you want to call it - Ibanez multitool became the most used tool I have always near me, since I purchased the Prestige RG. Zip lock bag which came with it is useful, too. I throw spares, keys and shit for other guitars in there, so it's not getting lost. this stuff should be mandatory with all guitars.

I find throwing in spare picks, set of strings useless, it's matter of personal taste, everybody uses something different, in most cases not the stuff which comes with the guitar
In addition to the multitool, I'm certainly not going to complain about being given spare bushings for the tremolo arm.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Multitools are pretty awesome, but if it's just a bunch of crappy loose allen heads I don't need them. I just throw them all out.