Charvel Cream Crackle: Help me identify please?

nojyeloot

Reaction score

Having a booger of a time properly identifying this Charvel. Previous owner(s) did a hack job of repairing/modding it and want to get it back to a stock nut and OEM studs. I have TWO questions... more pix below. Thanks in advance guys:

A). Does anyone know which locking nut is the proper version for this? Ex: R1, R2, etc...

B). I measured the existing studs. They are "M8 x 1.0 threads"...NOT "M8 x 1.25". I cannot find the proper replacements for these. Anybody have any clues for me please? I really REALLY don't want to have to replace the anchor posts in this guitar if I don't have to, but know how if it comes to that.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nojyeloot

Reaction score

Also, forgot to mention that I have already scoured charvelusa.com with no luck...

It already has an old Schaller Floyd, not a JT-6, though I understand it could have come with the JT-6 and been replaced. But have two other crackles (fire and rainbow) that both came with the same Schaller Floyd.

As for the Model 3, none of the Model 3s had maple neck/maple boards... so it can't be that. Anyone else?

aceinet

Reaction score
Looks like a mutt of some kind. It should be one of the Model versions (such as Model 3, 4, etc). Maybe a Charvette body with a Charvel neck?

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Looks like a mutt of some kind. It should be one of the Model versions (such as Model 3, 4, etc). Maybe a Charvette body with a Charvel neck?

I agree. One of the guys over at the FAS forum identified the body as a Model 375 Desert Crackle body. The neck is from something else. Looking more and more likely that i'll have to get the anchors replaced.

Underworld

Reaction score
Body is from a late 1989 or 1990 Model 375. The model 375 has been introduced in 1989, the earlier specimen has the San Dimas neckplate (like mine), but they switched neckplates during 1989. The 375 also has the superb Schaller Floyd rose.

The neck could be from a 1988 Model 4M, a 1989 Model 1AF or a 1989 Model HSH - all of these have the pointy, Charvel/Jackson logo headstock.

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Body is from a late 1989 or 1990 Model 375. The model 375 has been introduced in 1989, the earlier specimen has the San Dimas neckplate (like mine), but they switched neckplates during 1989. The 375 also has the superb Schaller Floyd rose.

The neck could be from a 1988 Model 4M, a 1989 Model 1AF or a 1989 Model HSH - all of these have the pointy, Charvel/Jackson logo headstock.

Thanks man.

You happen to know which nut is the appropriate nut choice for that neck?

threebrain

Reaction score
Pretty sure that finish is called Desert Crackle
THIS

Also, regarding the studs you want to be absolutely sure you replace with the proper OEM type whether it be SAE or metric. You DO NOT want cross threads as I'm sure you've dealt with these before and know their evilness! Try Ace Hardware to get a proper match. The big box stores like Home Depot and Lowes struggle to keep a good inventory.