Chimp Spanner tabs thread...

• Thread starter splinter8451
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Echo Field

Reaction score
Hey sorry to bump this thread, I just figured if anywhere I would post my video I put up a few days ago here, since there's a new EP coming out after all!

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Nice work Echo! That vid camera angle def makes it easier for us to learn it too! I gotta ask though, did you happen to tab it? Haha!

Eric

Echo Field

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
Haha I was expecting that question, I honestly, honestly suck at tabs nor do I (usually) have the patience, for now I'll say check the video, but if you have questions on any part I'll be glad to answer!

Echo Field

Reaction score
So far what I did from the EP!

And good job davemeistro! I'm digging that part more and more

davemeistro

Reaction score
Thanks, though not even half as impressive as what you did haha, nice work

Yeah, the first time I heard that funky ass bassline pop in I knew I had no choice but to jam to it haha.

Echo Field

Reaction score
Haha thanks man, but give yourself some credit too! You got it well. I'm also lovin the bassline!

I also noticed Basick Records put up a vid of Paul doing a play-through of Pt1, and I noticed some things I would have fixed if I had seen it before I was putting up my cover :O

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Hey guys, I made a cover of Dark Age of Technology as well! Might be overkill at this point in the thread, but I tabbed it out. It's on Tabit for now. If I see that there's enough request for a guitarpro version, then I'll rewrite it. I'm fairly confident that it's at least 99% accurate, but I did not include bass/drums. If anyone here is good at tabbing those instruments, please help me flesh out the tab!

chimp_spanner-dark_age_of_technology.tbt

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Hey guys, I made a cover of Dark Age of Technology as well! Might be overkill at this point in the thread, but I tabbed it out. It's on Tabit for now. If I see that there's enough request for a guitarpro version, then I'll rewrite it. I'm fairly confident that it's at least 99% accurate, but I did not include bass/drums. If anyone here is good at tabbing those instruments, please help me flesh out the tab!

chimp_spanner-dark_age_of_technology.tbt

I'd be down for a GP version and great job on the cover! I only have tux though so I'm no help rewriting....doh!

bigswifty

Reaction score
I am down for the GP5 transcription of DaoT as well :agreed:
Someone needs to cover/tab Mobius II, forget part I!
Nah, don't actually forget part I, but part II is just gnarly as hell.

Echo Field

Reaction score
One part atta time ^^
But I hear ya, my favorite is pt III, really can't wait to get to it. As soon as I heard the riff in there that he posted on fb as a sneak peak of the EP, I flipped, it fit so nicely in content.

Btw gj Eptaceros!

splinter8451

Reaction score
GP tabs for all the songs! :lol: So people like me who have classical guitar recitals coming up can learn these tracks without having to spend time picking them out by ear :(

Echo Field

Reaction score
I would at least try (since like I said I'm horrible at it) to tab if I also wasn't so busy, I have just enough time to learn and record. I'll be happy to try and get even better angles though to show how I'm playing the songs (I've been slowly learning pt II & III, and hopefully Cloud City soon enough).

Echo Field

Reaction score
I would love to help out with a tab, but I'm ridiculously swamped with work sadly, which is why I barely got this out and can't get to pt III right now =/. Check out the vid closely though you should be able to pick things up ;) and if it helps I had this in standard tuning, except for the B string tuned a step down from what I remember.

bigswifty

Reaction score
I need a tab for Dark Age of Technology and Mobius Part II!
GP5, if anybody's got one or is making one - here's some motivation to finish!

:shred: