Chimp Spanner tabs thread...

• Thread starter splinter8451
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
I just have the ambient section and outro to fill out in GP5, and you'll have a GP5 of Dark Age of Technology's guitar parts. Sorry it's taking so long, I've been busy with schoolwork and learning Severed Savior songs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Echo Field

Reaction score
I'm having bits of free time now, so I'll also work on tabs when I can!
I wonder if it would be easy to contact Paul though to run them by him before putting them up!

Echo Field

Reaction score
Bah workload again :/, but I did start it : )
Worse comes to worse I'll post parts at a time?
I'm warning you though, I'm not sure how well they're being presented, I'm really horrid with tabs! But you should be able to understand lmao.

bigswifty

Reaction score
Echo, no problem, piece by piece is fine!

I think Eptaceros is working on a Dark Age of Technology tab, so could you start with Mobius Pt II?

Cheers :wavey:

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Yep, that's correct, almost done with it, too. Echo Field, don't waste your time on Dark Age, let's see that Mobius part II!

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
I tried posting it here last night, but I kept getting error messages.

Dark Age of Technology.gp5

Sorry it took a while (hate tabbing in GP), but finally! Here's most of the guitar parts for Dark Age of Technology, not including the accompaniment during the clean, funky part and select harmonies elsewhere. Anyone willing to punch in the bass and drums is more than welcome. Tabit users, I have a tabit version as well. Enjoy!

Isurez

Reaction score
Hopefully this has worked: Chimp Spanner Tabs.zip

Assuming that went to plan, what you should have there is Bad Code, Harvey Wallbanger and Supererogation, all as .GP5, .GPX and .PDF files. The lead/bass/drum parts arent supposed to be correct, I just put those in for the lulz. The rhythm parts are all 100% correct though, all tabs have either been written by, or checked by the man himself. I should also have The Mirror finished by next week, I have the parts from Paul, just need to tidy them up and type it all in to GP6. Enjoy! :shred:

Hi Dave! Can you reupload this tabs because link is gone?

Reion

ADVENTURE TIME
Reaction score
I tried posting it here last night, but I kept getting error messages.

Dark Age of Technology.gp5

Sorry it took a while (hate tabbing in GP), but finally! Here's most of the guitar parts for Dark Age of Technology, not including the accompaniment during the clean, funky part and select harmonies elsewhere. Anyone willing to punch in the bass and drums is more than welcome. Tabit users, I have a tabit version as well. Enjoy!

Sweet tab dude, thanks for this!

Dan Halen

Reaction score
I know everyone is busy learning Pauls newer songs (personally Id like some Cloud City and Mobius Part II) But did anyone ever get a tab of Far From Home? or maybe Spirals? those are my 2 favorite Gorilla Material Fastener songs. ive only learned the intro for FFH and i get a bit lost after that.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
i too am interested in some tabs from the new album. but wasn't there at one point an official tabs area on this site? it appears to be gone now. either that or it's way too complicated to find. :|

Dan Halen

Reaction score
If im not mistaken i think this IS the Official Chimp Spanner Tab thread. Just with out the word official in it lol. Bu i just want some far from home.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
i too am interested in some tabs from the new album. but wasn't there at one point an official tabs area on this site? it appears to be gone now. either that or it's way too complicated to find. :|

In case you missed it, I posted a GP and Tabit version of Dark Age of Technology in the previous page.

Dan Halen

Reaction score
no i got it im just waiting for someone to do cloud city. i tried to learn parts of Far from home but got a tad lost without transcribe. but since i got my computron back i think ill try it some more. and Spirals would be super cool.

Enki

Reaction score
*bump!!!* Anymore progress good tabbing sirs!? BTW, do i just suck too much yet or is Dark Age of Technology best played with a compressor? I'm thinking i just need way more practice at this style of riffing to keep string noise minimal

Dan Halen

Reaction score
*bump!!!* Anymore progress good tabbing sirs!? BTW, do i just suck too much yet or is Dark Age of Technology best played with a compressor? I'm thinking i just need way more practice at this style of riffing to keep string noise minimal

I actually got quite a good bit of Spirals "keyboard Solo" down on GP6 if anyone else has that.

Also is that really a Keyboard or just Flanged guitar? i asked Paul on form spring but he wont answer me 8(. im pretty sure its a keyboard with using the wheels on the side to flange it.

Edit: also i found theres a slight tempo Automation in the keyboard solo itself but i cant find it.....i could also be both crazy and retarded. i think that makes me a "Crazy Retard".....or Fran Drescher!

Last edited:

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Sorry for Double Post but HERE it is

Attachments

• Chimp Spanner - Spirals (Keyboard Solo).zip
    17 KB · Views: 35

Dan Halen

Reaction score
Holy poopoo triple post!!!!:noplease:

Im sorry!!! but I keep editing this and i got a response from Paul and he told me the Time Sig. for the song so i changed everything and now its about perfect, (to my ears at least) and theres only one slight timing mistake that cant seem to fix. so if anyone would like to tell me if theres anything else that would be cool.

its now in GP5 so its more accessible. and also the tempo is wrong but im sure everyone knows how to change it at this point.

PS mods:
you can delete the last 2 posts i made and edit this sentence and the top sentence out so no one knows this was a triple post.....:wavey:

Attachments

• Chimp Spanner - Spirals (Keyboard Solo).zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 13