Chiral, italian death/black metal. FFO Dissection, Wolves In The Throne Room, Opeth

• Thread starter prisonbreak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prisonbreak

Reaction score
Hi there! This is my one-man band, Chiral.
This project is born only in January 2014 but I've already released a demo-ep + a single track extracted from the next EP that will be out soon!

Any feedback would be appreciated! ;)

This is my lastest track:

This is song from the previous demo:

If you want you can follow me on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/ChiralItaly

Or download for free my stuff, here on BandCamp:
https://chiral27.bandcamp.com/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
The first song fails to grab me at all from the beginning; the riffs are weak and then the jarring cut to the clean section drags things down further. It doesn't work, starting off at the clean section and removing the first minute completely actually would have improved the track. The bass noodling near the end doesn't fit at all, proves to be nothing but irritating and closes out the song on a low note.

I'd give it a 2/10.

The Winter Eternal demo starts off better but the vocals immediately stand out as being the weakest link.
"Sulfur" very nearly goes off the rails about halfway through, thankfully it gets back on track and ends strong featuring some of the strongest riffs on the demo. The talking at the end is pretty useless but doesn't hurt anything.
"Eternal Winter Day" starts off pretty uninteresting but about a minute and a half in a better riff begins. The switch to higher vocals for the last minute or so of the song is a good choice.
"When Prayers Have Nothing To Say" is a synth outro, it stands out as having a much darker tone than the rest of the demo. It's a shame you didn't consider transcribing the piano and choral parts to guitar and making a proper track out of it because it had potential.

5/10 overall.

prisonbreak

Reaction score
i'm subscribing for interest !
Thank you very much! :yesway:

The first song fails to grab me at all from the beginning....
I'm not surprise that you dislike this song. I recorded this with the purpose to create something very raw and strange, and I understand that it isn't so easy listening.

The Winter Eternal demo starts off better but the vocals immediately stand out as being the weakest link.
I'm sorry that you found my voice as the weakest link...I thinking that my vocals was not so bad, anyway, I accept the critics and I'll work hard to improve my technique! ;)

"When Prayers Have Nothing To Say" is a synth outro, it stands out as having a much darker tone than the rest of the demo. It's a shame you didn't consider transcribing the piano and choral parts to guitar and making a proper track out of it because it had potential.
Actually I did it. But that track will be included in the LP!

5/10 overall.
At the end, 5/10 is not so bad! ;)

Anyway, thank you very much for listening to my stuff and review them!

Reaction score
Hi

The production seams to be OK and nailed pretty well, but I am no pro here... the rest, well, it's not my liking, for me, it is simply not appealing.

prisonbreak

Reaction score
Hi

The production seams to be OK and nailed pretty well, but I am no pro here... the rest, well, it's not my liking, for me, it is simply not appealing.
Hi tmo,
Thanks. Well, I'm happy that you found the production ok! It's already a good result! ;)

mgh

Betwixt and Between
Reaction score
well it's much better than the original stuff you posted. not sure if a 4 track ep needs an intro and outro. so we have two tracks proper. your use of dynamics is much improved but there's still an issue with drum programming. my major gripe is the lack of memorable riffs - in this style that is essential.
i still think you can do it - the leap forward here is very noticeable - but in blackened death, the riff is the key. maybe the next release will be the one! and just so you know i do know what i am talking about - https://soundcloud.com/memorare/in-vain is a song i did in this style for a mate

prisonbreak

Reaction score
Going to check this out when I get home.
Thanks Mike, I'd love to know what you think about it!

well it's much better than the original stuff you posted. not sure if a 4 track ep needs an intro and outro. so we have two tracks proper. your use of dynamics is much improved but there's still an issue with drum programming. my major gripe is the lack of memorable riffs - in this style that is essential.
i still think you can do it - the leap forward here is very noticeable - but in blackened death, the riff is the key. maybe the next release will be the one! and just so you know i do know what i am talking about - https://soundcloud.com/memorare/in-vain is a song i did in this style for a mate
Hi mgh,
thanks for your answer.
I didn't think that the drum was so bad. What don't you like exactly about it?
Well, to be honest, when I wrote these songs I wasn't focusing on big riff, but I wanted to create great melodies.

I listened to your song, and yes, it's not bad at all! I really loved the voice!:metal:

Must check this out when I get home. I love hearing other one-man projects.
Let me know what you think about my album!
Do you have a one-man band too?