Coffee/Starbucks

• Thread starter DPooch
  • Start date
  • Tags
    coffee
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DPooch

Reaction score
What's you guys' opinion on them.

I don't like coffee. Like, at all.

Sometimes I'll get a coffeeshake from the shop across the street from my house..:congress:

But don't like plain coffee. Black, or with 50 creamers and sugars.

And Starbucks, well..

Being 15, I've actually only been INSIDE a starbucks once in my lifetime, back in July. I orded some Vanilla Bean Frappuccino (however the hell you spell it) and it was actually pretty good but their stuff can get a little expensive.

Opinions here. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Hate it :barf:

The only thing Starbuck's is good for are their pastries :yum:

cadenhead

Get Some!
Reaction score
I drink my coffee black with as much gounds as you can fit in the filter (the stronger and thicker the better :ugh: ).

Starbucks, or any of those 105257423 little coffee stands around here are good once in a while.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
I know i'm gonna get flamed for this, but still...
I like to grab a caramel machiato from time to time, when there is nothing else around... But otherwise (and in my very humble opinion) Starbucks is the McDonalds of coffee, corporate-wise.
Those who know what a real coffee is know what i mean.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Strange but I think McDonald's has the best coffee. :shrug: I've been drinking coffee (mostly iced coffee) for many years and I finally decided that nothing beats McDonald's coffee, especially their iced coffee. Dunkin Donuts has always been where I get my coffee but even Tim Horton's is way better. :yesway:

Seedawakener

ouh...
Reaction score
I drink at least one Latte/Capuccino and a couple of espressos everyday. We have an espresso machine at home so I can do it myself for like 10 cents a cup or something. :metal: Im not addicted though... Because every other week I'm at my dads place and we don't have one, and I don't feel the urge to drink coffee like ever... But it's very very good. :D

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i LOVE the smell of coffee, and the general atmosphere of coffee shops, but i never drink the stuff.

i'm more of a tea guy :yesway:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know i'm gonna get flamed for this, but still...
I like to grab a caramel machiato from time to time, when there is nothing else around... But otherwise (and in my very humble opinion) Starbucks is the McDonalds of coffee, corporate-wise.
Those who know what a real coffee is know what i mean.

Having several gourmet coffee shops in town I know where you're coming from, but there Italian Roast is damn good :agreed:

Unfortunately they NEVER have any brewed, which is why I typically don't buy anything other than beans there... unless I want some Mocha Raspberry goodness.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
When I was a kid, I really didn't like coffe, but from about age 17 or so, I started to drink it.

I still can't stand black coffee and I can't understand how anyone can drink it (my step father only drink black coffee and I just don't get the appeal) and, if possible, I always get chilled coffee with milk and sugar.

I like frappuccinos at Starbucks, but that's the only thing I drink there. I actually REALLY REALLY like Starbucks' frappuccinos, but I had some of their "regular" coffee there once and it tasted pretty normal.

I often times have a carton of "cafe latte" or "cafe au le" (don't know how it's spelled in English/French. In Japanese, it's "Kafe oore") in my refrigerator so I can drink coffee whenever I want to. I don't really like hot coffee, so if I get a can of hot coffee by accident, I'll leave it in my fridge for a few hours before I drink it. At restaurants that just give you hot coffee without asking you, I just drink it, but I'd much prefer the chilled kind.

Frozen coffee is really good too, as well as coffee-flavored ice cream and coffee-flavored yogurt.

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
The way I see it, if the coffee is done right it shouldn't need coffee or creamer.

Cafe au lait is the French 'milk and coffee' if that's what you're looking for.

It'll be a lot easier to drink black coffee if you make it from quality beans with either a good machine or a press pot.

I wake up every morning to freshly-ground Sumatra brewed in a press pot with a pinch of cayenne pepper for every eight ounces. Wakes me up, clears my sinuses, and tastes fucking great.

Jeff

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, and for Americans who travel abroad... if you order a latte anywhere but here, you'll get a cup of milk. Period. Just thought I'd mention that.

Also, one of my professors (a total badass who also happens to like coffee very much) put this up explaining proper espresso (that's espresso with an 's' - there is no 'x' anywhere in there at all) and the basics of good coffee: The Espresso Files - Home Page

Jeff

evilscribbler

Cat Herder
Reaction score
Good coffee has to be made from freshly ground beans, as in ground ten seconds before the water hits them. Last year my folks (bless 'em) got me a Cuisinart Grind N Brew, which - well - does what you'd expect. Perfect filter coffee every time. I mainline a pot every morning ....totally addicted

If I have to buy coffee, I'll confess to being a shameless Starbucks-o-phile. Try their new Pumpkin latte (or latte au citrouille as we have to say up here in the Frozen North) without the whipped cream for a truly seasonal caffeine-laden treat (ok Starfucks, where's my promo-cash?) ...

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The clear implication is that you don't like coffee.

Jeff

Who me? :D I love coffee, I don't go a day without it and I like Starbucks too but I go to Dunkin Donuts (for an Iced coffee) and Tim Horton's more. I'd have to say the Tim Horton's coffee is probably my favorite. What I meant to say is that McDonald's Iced coffee is way better than Dunkin Donuts' iced coffee. Seriously, it is that good IMO. :yesway:

177215683_fe583eed5a.jpg

:agreed: