Corey Beaulieu getting signature Seymour Duncan Blackouts

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
i wonder what pickups these guys would actually play if money wasnt part of the deal. Correct me if im wrong but there is payment for endorsing the product im guessing in addition to getting your "Custom Sig Pup".

and that video the pickups sounded just like how i remember stock pickups sounding. If thats his cup of tea then so be it but def not a fan.
JB/59 for Corey and EMG 81/85 for Matt. Or Maybe Matt's ears have completely gone to shit and he needs the curve from the Fishmans to get that honk he seems to like now, but I feel like they'd just use their OG sets and guitars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
JB/59 for Corey and EMG 81/85 for Matt.
Let’s be real any metal or rock guitar player could get along fine with either of these. How many things has Duncan done with the JB itself? The Distortion, Invader, Black Winter, RTM, Holdsworth, Mustaine pickup, Pegasus, Omega, etc. are all variations on it, no?

SubsonicDoom99

Reaction score
i wonder what pickups these guys would actually play if money wasnt part of the deal. Correct me if im wrong but there is payment for endorsing the product im guessing in addition to getting your "Custom Sig Pup".

and that video the pickups sounded just like how i remember stock pickups sounding. If thats his cup of tea then so be it but def not a fan.
I always laugh when people listen to YouTube videos like this and say they don't sound different to them or don't hear the difference. I mean, it's a YouTube video, most of us are listening through our phones or maybe some earbuds. Even when someone takes the time and has the know-how to record it fairly well, there's still so much lost in translation. Do we really expect them to sound monumentally different? LOL For me I have to hear them in person and more importantly hear and feel how they respond to my own playing to really judge. These online videos are ok for getting a general idea of how this gear is or to make me aware of the product, but I don't think I've ever based a purchase on how gear sounds in a video, especially something like pickups.

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
I'm about signature modeled out these days. There is so much signature shit from people nobody's heard of and people changing their signature shit so often that it doesn't even matter anymore. Just give me a basic guitar with the basic EMGs or Duncans or stock pickups.

Marked Man

Reaction score
I'm about signature modeled out these days. There is so much signature shit from people nobody's heard of and people changing their signature shit so often that it doesn't even matter anymore. Just give me a basic guitar with the basic EMGs or Duncans or stock pickups.

You just need to try a Petrucci set.

😊

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
JB/59 for Corey and EMG 81/85 for Matt. Or Maybe Matt's ears have completely gone to shit and he needs the curve from the Fishmans to get that honk he seems to like now, but I feel like they'd just use their OG sets and guitars.

Agreed. The more signature gear and gadgets they add, the worse their tone has become.

Go listen to Shogun and then the newest Court of the Dragon. It's crazy how much worse it's become. It's just a mid-spike djent guitar tone now. Sounds like somebody forgot to turn off the wah pedal.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Agreed. The more signature gear and gadgets they add, the worse their tone has become.

Go listen to Shogun and then the newest Court of the Dragon. It's crazy how much worse it's become. It's just a mid-spike djent guitar tone now. Sounds like somebody forgot to turn off the wah pedal.
It honestly gives bedroom demo guitar tone quality. On top of just having more consistently boring songs, they just keep putting out nasty sounding albums.

As long as they and their fans are happy who am I to judge? Just another rando on the internet complaining in a thread about their pickups, etc. :lol: