COW jackson!

• Thread starter Adrian89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Aren't the LTD 400 series made in Korea? And aren't the COWs made in Japan?

I've owned a Jackson COW DK 7 before and it was badass. Still to this day had the most amazing fretwork I've ever seen on a production guitar, let alone a 7 string. Maybe I was lucky but I could get the action to insanely low levels and have NO fret buzz.

I now own a couple of LTD Deluxes (Korean)and an LTD FM-408 8 string (Korea) their fretwork is far below what I experienced on the Jackson. They're much more versatile guitars, but holy shit was that Jackson a lightweight, resonant, comfortable death metal machine. I put a Blackout in the bridge to replace the EMG and it was singing. Amazing craftsmanship.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian89

Reaction score
after reading the last posts.... I think Im sold with the COW, but I have time until next saturday, so thanks to all of you mates and keep on posting!

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Oh man thats a ridiculously good price for a COW 7. I would totally jump on it :yesway:

I_infect

Reaction score

I put a Blackout in the bridge to replace the EMG and it was singing. Amazing craftsmanship.

I agree with the blackout bridge... big difference. That's what I have in mine now. As far as the whole Japan vs. Korea debate, my first COW and DK7 had fret ends like razors. Never had a prob with korean ESP LTD products. I think MiJ matters more with Ibanez, but Jacksons in my experience have been hit and miss with quality, Japan or otherwise. My problems alone verify inconsistent quality.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I actually really liked the COW that I played. If I wasn't such an Agile whore, I'd probably play that.

*Rick would play the COW until the Dino sig is released then probably burn the COW.*

:lol:

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score

I've owned a Jackson COW DK 7 before and it was badass. Still to this day had the most amazing fretwork I've ever seen on a production guitar, let alone a 7 string. Maybe I was lucky but I could get the action to insanely low levels and have NO fret buzz.

I now own a couple of LTD Deluxes (Korean)and an LTD FM-408 8 string (Korea) their fretwork is far below what I experienced on the Jackson. They're much more versatile guitars, but holy shit was that Jackson a lightweight, resonant, comfortable death metal machine. I put a Blackout in the bridge to replace the EMG and it was singing. Amazing craftsmanship.

+1 to all this

And vipers aren't this sexy :lol:
l_465a74341d1c4528be803ddfb7807c1c.jpg

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely the Cow. Just a cooler guitar overall. Better specs.

Rhoadkiller

Reaction score
I love my cow 7 ... i dislike the esp 407, even though the cow has only one pick up and the heel sucks the guitar is damn amazing i love it. Its brutal enough for me :D

Sebastian

Reaction score
Just get the Jackson already :metal:
C.O.W.7 is a great guitar... and.. well it sounds great too :yesway: I love the sound and feel of mine :)

*Rick would play the COW until the Dino sig is released then probably burn the COW.*

:squint:

Adrian89

Reaction score
Hey how does the SC-607b compare to the COW7? I am so bitched on which model to save on ...

If the boy were selling a SC 607 and the COW ill buy both of them in a second, fo so!

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude If you don't want the COW I'll take it :)

Saludos :p