Crate GX-130C (head) great condition

• Thread starter Rotatous
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rotatous

Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Crate GX-130c head (equivalent to Ampeg VH-140c) from the 90s. Two channels, a stereo chorus, and an effects loop. Its in great condition (refer to pictures. One knob is missing, and a rubber piece on the top right edge), considering how few of these there are. I have cleaned this amp,before and since the pictures have been taken, and will clean it once more before it ships.

Modifications (if any):
No modifications. It was fixed after I bought it (not the first owner), and now it works perfectly.

Accessories (hardshell case etc):
No accessories. It didn't come with a footswitch.

Location (City,State or City,Country):
Austin Texas (Dripping Springs, Texas)

Contact Info (No Phone #s)
casey_hurd@yahoo.com

Price (include currency and if firm/obo):
$250 firm.

Pictures:
DSCF2100.jpg

DSCF2101.jpg

DSCF2099.jpg

DSCF2103.jpg

More recent pics:

DSCF2107.jpg

DSCF2119.jpg

DSCF2124.jpg

Refrences: I haven't sold to anyone on a forum, as far as I know. But I have sold through craigslist before.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
Hm... I've got one of these sitting in my basement right now collecting dust. I think I'm gonna have to actually plug it in now.

Rotatous

Reaction score
If you have a good cab to match it, its great. They're very hard to find in good condition.

maxident213

Reaction score
Jack Owen rocked this amp for a while. :shred:

added by edit, from Oct. 1996 issue of Guitar School:
"I play a Brian Moore Custom straight into a Crate GX130C. It's the best head Crate ever made, and they don't make them anymore. You plug straight in and it rips."

Last edited:

AK DRAGON

Guitar Popcicle
Reaction score
I didn't know they made a Head as well.
I still have, somewhere, my GX130C 2x12 combo.
It never really worked right though..

Rotatous

Reaction score
^^I'd like to say yes, but I currently need the cab I have right now for recording purposes.

Id just find an avatar (with vintage 30s) on craigslist

When I got the amp, I didn't really care that it didn't come with a cab, cause it was the best condition that I'd ever seen one in.

Rotatous

Reaction score
Bump... Come on guys... This is a great deal. This thing is in awesome condition, and one of very few.

Rotatous

Reaction score
This is the last week It will be for sale, then Im trading it in at my local music store, or I'll sell it elsewhere for a more expensive price.

Rotatous

Reaction score
Last week guys. Just a reminder. This is a good amp, not a shitty new Crate, but from when Crate was a more respectable company.

Latest posts