Current BC Rich Thread

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
+1 for the eagle (beautiful guitar), the mockingbird deserves to exist as well but that was 70's BC Rich...pretty much everything else :barf:(no offence to Neal Moser)
neal moser is the king of bad taste and design imo, although minarik and jeff kiesel are inching closer every day towards stealing that throne.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
neal moser is the king of bad taste and design imo, although minarik and jeff kiesel are inching closer every day towards stealing that throne.

I see your Kiesel and Minarik and raise you Ethereal. :lol:

I don't care what you say about Moser, this is badass:
9_mv_sig_model.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
I see your Kiesel and Minarik and raise you Ethereal. :lol:

I don't care what you say about Moser, this is badass:
9_mv_sig_model.jpg
Yeah, etherial is almost comparable with moser/minarik for most uncomfortable looking guitars ever. All of them have the pointy guitar syndrome where n=number of pointy parts a guitar should have and they're all at n^2 or n^3 in etherial's case.

I do like that one actually, same with this one:
13_custom_bo_wraith_no3_5-30-08.jpg

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Fernandes Japan makes a killer mocking bird copy as a sig for some jrock dude if you want a bcr without necessarily giving them money

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
The Mockingbird and Warlock are just beautiful guitars IMHO. I’ll always have a soft spot for the Stealth because of Chuck Shunldiner. Even the Ironbird and Beast are kinda badass and well designed for what they are.

Never been a huge fan of the Bich. Not at all a fan of the Virgin or Wraith.

I’m indifferent on the Eagle, though I quite like the Seagull.

Any other shapes?

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
If BC Rich would release a non-bronze serie Ironbird, I'd probably buy it on a whip, but I don't see that happening.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
The Mockingbird and Warlock are just beautiful guitars IMHO. I’ll always have a soft spot for the Stealth because of Chuck Shunldiner. Even the Ironbird and Beast are kinda badass and well designed for what they are.

Never been a huge fan of the Bich. Not at all a fan of the Virgin or Wraith.

I’m indifferent on the Eagle, though I quite like the Seagull.

Any other shapes?
>warlock
>beautiful
e56.jpg

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I know I’m probably alone on that. But a pearl white Warlock with the traditional 3x3 (or 3x4!) headstock and cloud inlay looks somehow elegant to me.

KnightBrolaire

Reaction score
I know I’m probably alone on that. But a pearl white Warlock with the traditional 3x3 (or 3x4!) headstock and cloud inlay looks somehow elegant to me.
I mean, I'm all for pointy guitars when they're done well, but I've never jived with the whole super pointy guitar/metal aesthetic with cloud inlays. It's so incongruous. It's like seeing a daisy rock butterfly guitar with a barbed wire inlay.

electriceye

Reaction score

That's the exact Warlock that has been high on my GAS list for a LONG time.

electriceye

Reaction score
Fernandes Japan makes a killer mocking bird copy as a sig for some jrock dude if you want a bcr without necessarily giving them money

The problem is that it's a bolt-on, and quite chunky, at that. Do they actually still make them??

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
The problem is that it's a bolt-on, and quite chunky, at that. Do they actually still make them??

Yeah I should have said they used to make a mockingbird copy for the JapanX dude but there’s 3-4 on Reverb

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It would be really great if the next group of melvins who buys the B.C. Rich name would just license out the shapes to solid builders. That's really what the fans want, aside from performing a resurrection on Sr.

Unfortunately, I feel both have an equal likelihood of happening.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I find the BC Rich necks I've played on to be absolutely unplayable. The thickness made it really cumbersome to play on, and fatiguing as well. How the fuck were these things popular in the 80s? I find Gibson and Fender to be far more playable.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I find the BC Rich necks I've played on to be absolutely unplayable. The thickness made it really cumbersome to play on, and fatiguing as well. How the fuck were these things popular in the 80s? I find Gibson and Fender to be far more playable.

What have you played?

The production has been so spotty over the last decade that they never really had much in the way of a "neck identity".

The old 70's and 80's stuff was all handmade so you could get whatever neck shape you wanted. It's actually kind of a pain in the ass because you can buy an old Warlock or Mockingbird with a nice thin neck and then buy another from the same period that's a boat.

The old 90's stuff usually skewed towards thin necks, especially on bolt-on models. It wasn't until the early 00's when Hanser took over that they started with uniformly thicker necks.

There are still some gems out there. The more recent Gunslinger Retro models have nice necks, but if you're going for a super Strat why bother with BCR?

Edika

Reaction score

I've only played two of their relatively recent models from their NJ Deluxe series. The JrV which had a really thick neck. It reminded me of my friends Schecter ATX and Gibson custom LP in terms of uncomfortable neck and cramping, even though I found his Gibson the most difficult to play. The BC Rich wasn't unplayable but changing to any other guitar felt like taking weights of my hands.

The BC Rich 7 string Stealth however has a thin and comfy neck which I assume was due tot the fact of being a Marc Rizzo signature model. I was a bit concerned when I got it as it my previous experience neck wise wasn't that positive but this was the only guitar that I liked from the BC Rich line but luckily it is ok.

Latest posts