Current BC Rich Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
As long as they can convince him that crackles are better than flames, could be pretty rad. Especially if he falls out of love with Kahlers.

Dude, an NV with that banana stock in gloss black... I’d be on board with that.

Him falling out with Kahlers? I doubt that’ll happen. Has he ever used Floyds?

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
As long as they can convince him that crackles are better than flames, could be pretty rad. Especially if he falls out of love with Kahlers.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score

Definitely not happening. He's said many times that it's really just down to him learning on a Kahler. He's said too that it's like a one or the other thing, don't have both. Some of his cheaper sigs have licensed Floyds, I'm sure he's never playing those... even though they all look about the same to me.

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
Really? Nobody would want to see a Kiesel Kerry King V? Dude it would be the KKKV... Slayer already get enough problems over all the nazi logos and such. Maybe he should just go back to ESP. His original black burst BC Rich KKV was always my favorite. I like the body shape more than the NV and the reverse ASM headstock kicked ass. I was never a slayer fan but I always liked that guitar.

Athor

Reaction score
In my 11 years of playing ive had countless guitars, mostly superstrats from the major brands.

To this day my favorite guitar is my current Guy Marchais BCR Assassin. This thing rips and plays SO FUCKING WELL.

I want BCR to get back to their former glory SO MUCH but lets face it. They wont. Ever.

Chinese guitars for Japanese Ibanez prices? No fucking way. They should move back production of "budget" guitars to Korea again, bring back superstrats and the eagle for more tame designs instead of full on warlocks and shit.

Also drop KK signatures. No one wants them.

Rosal76

Reaction score

From what I've seen, just one time. B.C. Rich installed a 7-string Floyd on his first 7 string Warlock guitar (black with red tribal) because I assume Kahler didn't have a tremolo for 7 string guitars at the time. However, the second 7 string B.C.R. made for Kerry did have a 7 string Kahler.

Rosal76

Reaction score
To this day my favorite guitar is my current Guy Marchais BCR Assassin. This thing rips and plays SO FUCKING WELL.

It is a cool looking guitar but who ever designed the Guy Marchais import signature guitar was not paying attention to what Guy was actually using. Guy was using B.C. Rich Assassin guitars. The import version they released is based off the Gunslinger design. They're both strat shapes and I can understand some people may not even care but I would think that if they're gonna release a "signature guitar" for a signed artist, at least get the correct shape for what the artist is actually using.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
i've always love the Mockingbird shape. My friend has a black mockingbird bass with an inline pointy headstock from the 90s, and it's fun to play. not great, not garbage, but always love the shape. Warmoth discontinued their Mockingbird-shaped bodies like 2 months before I was going to order one.

Athor

Reaction score
It is a cool looking guitar but who ever designed the Guy Marchais import signature guitar was not paying attention to what Guy was actually using. Guy was using B.C. Rich Assassin guitars. The import version they released is based off the Gunslinger design. They're both strat shapes and I can understand some people may not even care but I would think that if they're gonna release a "signature guitar" for a signed artist, at least get the correct shape for what the artist is actually using.
You have a point. I have no clue what he plays/played really. The guitar is specced like i would make my own guitar so i had to buy it.

The only thing i would change would be to have it in a nuclear green finish with maple fretboard maybe :-D

electriceye

Reaction score
The company has never been the same since Bernie sold it the first time. I challenge anyone to play an original Gunslinger (if you can FIND one, of course) and tell me it isn't one of the nicest axes you ever played. The shitty Retros they sell now are garbage, not even the same spec as the real deal, which is simply lazy and dropping the ball.

If they simply had a decently-priced USA line of REAL superstrats, like the ORIGINAL GS, ST-III and Assassins, they'd have made a killing the past few years. Chinese shit isn't going to work. I would never buy anything they sell today (which is why I started this in the first place).

Viginez

Reaction score
You have a point. I have no clue what he plays/played really. The guitar is specced like i would make my own guitar so i had to buy it.
it's badass. especially with the kahler and the reversed headstock.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Maybe with BC Rich going under we will see some hideous tribal graphic beveled puke stained waste of wood Kiesel flying Vs?

The kings of bad taste should collaborate on the ultimate musical abomination.
"Abomination"? You misspelled "abortion," good sir and/or ma'am.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Aside from the Bich, which inspired my custom, I've always loved the Eagle, especially after seeing Neil Geraldo play one live with Pat Benatar in 1981.
Neal Moser is a good friend of mine. After the way they treated him, I'd rather go to Neal to have one made than to buy a BCR.

zappatton2

Reaction score
Aside from the Bich, which inspired my custom, I've always loved the Eagle, especially after seeing Neil Geraldo play one live with Pat Benatar in 1981.
Neal Moser is a good friend of mine. After the way they treated him, I'd rather go to Neal to have one made than to buy a BCR.
Seconded. I ordered his first Moser 6/12 but had to let it go for unforeseen financial reasons (part of why I only own 1/6th of my original guitar collection). If I ever actually have money again, Neal is really the way to go.