Current BC Rich Thread

Rosal76

Reaction score
I've seen MUCh worse. From BC Rich's lineup alone. :lol:

Remember that U.S. custom shop, one off/one of a kind Mockingbird guitar that Guitar Asylum (music store) had years ago? Man, that thing was crazy looking! When people saw it, they though a B.C. Rich guitar builder came to work drunk, started to carve a Mockingbird, or so he thought, messed up, threw in the trash, another guitar builder saw it in the trash and then finished it. And then Guitar Asylum picked it up. LOL! Jokes aside, it looked like something Pablo Santana (Jackson U.S. custom shop guitar builder) would have built. Like his version of a "extreme Mockingbird". It was funny because people called it a "polished turd" because even though it looked really weird, the craftsmanship was still there because it was built by the U.S. custom shop. When you start modifying guitars that already look weird, the results sometimes don't work.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

twguitar

Reaction score
The Mockingbird SLE!

It genuinely was a mistake.... builder was playing a round and it was left for years before being finished up as something different for NAMM. I’ve spent a while discussing this one in the past and if you slightly adjust the angle of the neck blank it’s not that bad. Glad it didn’t go any further though!

Remember that U.S. custom shop, one off/one of a kind Mockingbird guitar that Guitar Asylum (music store) had years ago? Man, that thing was crazy looking! When people saw it, they though a B.C. Rich guitar builder came to work drunk, started to carve a Mockingbird, or so he thought, messed up, threw in the trash, another guitar builder saw it in the trash and then finished it. And then Guitar Asylum picked it up. LOL! Jokes aside, it looked like something Pablo Santana (Jackson U.S. custom shop guitar builder) would have built. Like his version of a "extreme Mockingbird". It was funny because people called it a "polished turd" because even though it looked really weird, the craftsmanship was still there because it was built by the U.S. custom shop. When you start modifying guitars that already look weird, the results sometimes don't work.

Attachments

• 1F4C2064-CBC9-41FC-B11A-738156E88D86.jpeg
    1F4C2064-CBC9-41FC-B11A-738156E88D86.jpeg
    431.2 KB · Views: 70

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that Fuckybird above is DEFINITELY an abomination. It's like if the Elephant Man became a guitar.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
So Kerry's pre-ESP BC Rich V? I'll order two of those if they'd do it.

So long as they use the Speed V and not the Junior V.

What’s the difference?

For example Jackson says they have a “double Rhoads” V, but t just looks like a King V to me....

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
What’s the difference?

For example Jackson says they have a “double Rhoads” V, but t just looks like a King V to me....

Nah, the Double Roads is fucking huge. Then again, the guy that helped design it (Robin Crosby) was fucking huge as well at 6'6. :lol:

The speed V is a completely different shape.

Speed V (AKA the BC Rich KKV, ESP KKV, ESP NV)
preview.jpg

The JRV
bc-rich-jrv-edge.jpg

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
Nah, the Double Roads is fucking huge. Then again, the guy that helped design it (Robin Crosby) was fucking huge as well at 6'6. :lol:

The speed V is a completely different shape.

Speed V (AKA the BC Rich KKV, ESP KKV, ESP NV)
preview.jpg

The JRV
bc-rich-jrv-edge.jpg
Actually that is the new speed v shape (2nd gen BCR kkv sig). The old BCR kkv is the same shape as the ESP kkv/nv which does have straight lines but at different angles making the wings fatter and shorter.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
What’s the difference?

The Junior's not as wide and the tips angle in at the end a little bit. Its slight, but enough to irritate the hell out of me.

The double Rhoads is just a wee bit longer in the wings/horns.

Athor

Reaction score
The Junior's not as wide and the tips angle in at the end a little bit. Its slight, but enough to irritate the hell out of me.

The double Rhoads is just a wee bit longer in the wings/horns.
Yeah cant stand the Jr V shape, same as the ESP Vs (not speed v) i hate the shape of those, the body seems oversized compared to the neck/headstock or something. They are just awful.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yeah cant stand the Jr V shape, same as the ESP Vs (not speed v) i hate the shape of those, the body seems oversized compared to the neck/headstock or something. They are just awful.

The ESP V seems like it's somewheres between a King V and a Double rhoads.

Actually that is the new speed v shape (2nd gen BCR kkv sig). The old BCR kkv is the same shape as the ESP kkv/nv which does have straight lines but at different angles making the wings fatter and shorter.

Ah, I knew something was off when I went back and compared the two. :lol:

Athor

Reaction score
The ESP V seems like it's somewheres between a King V and a Double rhoads.

Ah, I knew something was off when I went back and compared the two. :lol:
You are on to something with the ESP V.

The VMNT Deans got the V shape right tho, i like those.