Current BC Rich Thread

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
I knew it! Reverse pointy inline is best with multiscale! I'm looking at you, ESP with your freakin 1000 series M multiscales that quite stupidly have a non-reversed Vintage S headstock!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

twguitar

Reaction score
Been meaning to post this here for a few weeks now. Picked up a 2018/2019 Custom Shop build by Ron Estrada recently and dear god this is an incredible instrument. Im not overly keen on the route some of the import are going but the custom shop is killing it, cant recommend it enough. Anyway here's the guitar.... similar to the old SL specs but a few key features that made me jump on it. The proper El Monte carve rather than TJ the SL's used, deep bevels and a slimmer body than you typically see on the Floyd builds getting closer to the originals, real Moser electronics and a pretty amazing slab of maple. The top on this is LP thick and with the mahogany neck/wings makes a nice contrast to my other BCRs. Not to mention that Ron keeps building guitars for the man in the Tophat so you can take that as a sign of the quality.

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
Been meaning to post this here for a few weeks now. Picked up a 2018/2019 Custom Shop build by Ron Estrada recently and dear god this is an incredible instrument. Im not overly keen on the route some of the import are going but the custom shop is killing it, cant recommend it enough. Anyway here's the guitar.... similar to the old SL specs but a few key features that made me jump on it. The proper El Monte carve rather than TJ the SL's used, deep bevels and a slimmer body than you typically see on the Floyd builds getting closer to the originals, real Moser electronics and a pretty amazing slab of maple. The top on this is LP thick and with the mahogany neck/wings makes a nice contrast to my other BCRs. Not to mention that Ron keeps building guitars for the man in the Tophat so you can take that as a sign of the quality.

I've got to ask, what do all those switches actually do?

zappatton2

Reaction score

Simply stunning!

twguitar

Reaction score
I've got to ask, what do all those switches actually do?
You have a phase switch, a series/parallel for each pickup which is your single coil sound. Then you’ve got the preamp boost which is fun to play about with. Honestly 99% of the time I don’t touch the circuit on my guitars but it’s as much a part of the look as the shape for me.

DeathCubeK

Reaction score
I don't really understand all the fanned fret models. As I understand it, doesn't the Evertune bridge negate the need for a fanned fret? If so, why not just install those?

Reaction score
The Evertune bridge has a different purpose than the fanned fret. The bridge is meant to keep the guitar in tune, regardless of weather conditions. The fanned fret layout has several purposes: ergonomics, a more balanced string tension across the strings and better tone between the higher and the lower strings, almost like an harp or a piano or other stringed instruments...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I don't really understand all the fanned fret models. As I understand it, doesn't the Evertune bridge negate the need for a fanned fret? If so, why not just install those?

A fanned fret does more than tuning/intonation stability. It's also a tonal/playing benefit. You can have the long-ass scale and extra tension on the low strings to make the sound clearer and tighter, while still having the shorter scale on the high strings for ease of playing (less stretching, less tension, etc).

I'm not usually put off by mismatched pickup and bridge angles but that combo of especially jarring.

Yeeeah I'm not a fan. I remember someone saying they probably did it to offset the added brightness/cut due to the extended scale on the low strings, and I'm thinking... Then why even have the extended scale in the first place?

Rosal76

Reaction score
Thought some of you guys who like 7 string Ironbirds may enjoy this one. According to the seller, Chondro guitars, it is a 2020 model. The MSRP is $6,000 but they did state that there will be a Black Friday discount.

127280275_4106496892698862_2712547910476917740_o.jpg

For those interested/curious, the guitar is not on their webstore, yet, but you can find it on their Facebook page, which is Chondro Guitars. They say they will have the guitar by Black Friday.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone watch the video the CEO did with Herman Li? They're giving him a shit ton of info and that guy can actually play pretty well. He seems really knowledgeable and knowing that he did a lot of work on the Wolfgang and 5150 stuff for Peavey makes me feel good about the brand. He said January for the cheaper stuff and it's sounding pretty solid honestly. They just need to get into the budget range and keep their QC up bc I've heard great things but also that it's a little spotty. Apparently they're selling a shit ton of stuff though and I never see them on the used market so I guess they're doing well? Hopefully it sticks around.

Reaction score
Anyone watch the video the CEO did with Herman Li? They're giving him a shit ton of info and that guy can actually play pretty well. He seems really knowledgeable and knowing that he did a lot of work on the Wolfgang and 5150 stuff for Peavey makes me feel good about the brand. He said January for the cheaper stuff and it's sounding pretty solid honestly. They just need to get into the budget range and keep their QC up bc I've heard great things but also that it's a little spotty. Apparently they're selling a shit ton of stuff though and I never see them on the used market so I guess they're doing well? Hopefully it sticks around.

I watched the video and it was really cool...and then I was unfortunate enough to read the comment section.

It's 2020 and people are still complaining about BC Rich shapes as if they just came out this year. Someone said they need to "move on" to more "classy" shapes and that the Shredzilla was a step in the right direction.

Sooo...in other words you're pissed at a company for having shapes all their own and you'd like to see them have the exact same shapes as everyone else....

129902001_2840580846229828_554396760309987272_n.jpg

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I watched the video and it was really cool...and then I was unfortunate enough to read the comment section.

It's 2020 and people are still complaining about BC Rich shapes as if they just came out this year. Someone said they need to "move on" to more "classy" shapes and that the Shredzilla was a step in the right direction.

Sooo...in other words you're pissed at a company for having shapes all their own and you'd like to see them have the exact same shapes as everyone else....

Ok, the warlock and beast and ironbird might be much, but mockingbirds and stealths are classy as HELL. All sleek bevels and curves, really comfy and extreme but not aggressive or tacky at all. I think the stealth is the most modern X type out there and the bird has yet to have any competition.

Mathemagician

Reaction score

I mean BCR gave them the shredzilla. How many slight variations on a super stray were they expecting?

Also I feel like that “virgin” shape with a slightly smaller body/smaller horns would make a really nice alternative to a more tradition SG/Viper shape.

Reaction score
I mean BCR gave them the shredzilla. How many slight variations on a super stray were they expecting?

Also I feel like that “virgin” shape with a slightly smaller body/smaller horns would make a really nice alternative to a more tradition SG/Viper shape.

The way I see it:

Virgin = SG
Mockingbird and Eagle = Les Paul
Beast = Explorer
Dagger = ES
Warlock and Beast V = ML
Exclusive = DC
Speed V and Jr V = old school Gibson V, newer Gibson V