Custom 7 String all Mahogany, HELP!

• Thread starter Mike Azazel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Even if the guy was legit - probably better to know what you want before you rush into a custom build.

Of course we all have lots of opinions on the best this and the best that - but it doesn't mean that it's what you're going to like.

Agreed.

Play some stock guitars for a few years. Get a feel for the different characteristics of the various tonewoods, necks, frets, bridges, pickups, etc. Don't jump right into building a custom guitar, because what we THINK we want isn't always accurate.

Long time ago, after having only played for about 5 years, I specced-out a custom shop Jackson--what I thought was my "dream guitar." I had only really played 1 guitar up to that point. The Jackson turned out beautifully, but I ended up not loving (though I tried) it and eventually sold it to someone who could appreciate (and play) it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Azazel

Antichrist
Reaction score
yeah dudes i actually jammed with that guy
seems all still fucking weird to me

anyways i decided to go for a ltd hex-7 or peavey devin townsend signature guitar, you think its a good choice? gonna buy it like next month

im not that uberpro when it comes to actual playing so i really wont need a custom...

Necromagnon

Reaction score
im not that uberpro when it comes to actual playing so i really wont need a custom...
So you'd better go for stock guitars and save for important investment (such as beer, sex, and stuff). But I'd still advise to keep your idea of a custom in mind and try some configurations on stock guitars close to what you wanted (all mahogany, EMG or others, etc.)
There's a good us ebay store I bought my C7 a couple of years ago now, if you want. They're pretty cheap and Schecter's don't need to be described, everybody know about it. :)